Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried products from La Metier de Beaute?

What do you think? I ordered an eyeliner and I’m waiting. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried products from La Metier de Beaute?

I have never heard of this beauty line nor where to view it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It’s sold here on QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D FYI: this company went bankrupt 2 plus years ago. I don't know where QVC found these products but I know for a fact some of them are more than 5 years old. Many items in the kits were launched 7 years ago (you can google the name of the compact and see when it was released and where). Eye and lip pencils (the kind you sharpen) are probably fine but liquid anything/mascara and lipstick are most like dried out/rancid at this point, especially if stored in a non-AC warehouse. 

I loved and purchased LMB for many years. Was very sad to see them go under. 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Mindy D FYI: this company went bankrupt 2 plus years ago. I don't know where QVC found these products but I know for a fact some of them are more than 5 years old. Many items in the kits were launched 7 years ago (you can google the name of the compact and see when it was released and where). Eye and lip pencils (the kind you sharpen) are probably fine but liquid anything/mascara and lipstick are most like dried out/rancid at this point, especially if stored in a non-AC warehouse. 

I loved and purchased LMB for many years. Was very sad to see them go under. 

Thank you. I tried to find this out. There is a website for them. They take orders. Maybe they sell old products. I ordered their eyeliner from QVC. Now I have no way of checking it’s manufacture date. 

Honored Contributor

I bought a kit when they were on QVC.  I like the foundation.  The eye shadows are in a container that is made where you only see one color at a time; not like an open palette.  Therefore, I almost never use them.  

Respected Contributor

Years ago I bought a few of their products. They used to make lip creams which were very nice. I have had lipsticks and blushes which were ok but nothing special.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

It’s sold here on QVC.

They also used to sell at Saks, Nordstrom's, and few other stores. Haven't bought anything in years from them so don't know if these stores still carry this line.

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor When they went into bankruptcy, the products were discounted 80%. I purchased a BUNCH of stuff plus was sent testers, samples, etc by my SA. It was, in her 20 years at Neiman Marcus, the only line to simply dramatically discount instead of doing an RTV (return to vendor). Apparently whomever was in charge of LdM did not want to deal with inventory. 

@Mindy D Bergdorf still has a few of the products, but ALL at full price (no one knows why). Yes, the site is still up and taking orders but the products are coming from a third party assigned by the bank to empty out the warehouse holding its inventory (in New Jersey).

Those who love and worked for the line at NM are hoping that someone will buy it and start it up again. I just received an email that their very expensive foundation is buy one get one half off; either they ARE reviving it OR they have a ton of it stocked up and are clearing it out. I'm not willing to take a chance to find out.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Tricolor When they went into bankruptcy, the products were discounted 80%. I purchased a BUNCH of stuff plus was sent testers, samples, etc by my SA. It was, in her 20 years at Neiman Marcus, the only line to simply dramatically discount instead of doing an RTV (return to vendor). Apparently whomever was in charge of LdM did not want to deal with inventory. 

@Mindy D Bergdorf still has a few of the products, but ALL at full price (no one knows why). Yes, the site is still up and taking orders but the products are coming from a third party assigned by the bank to empty out the warehouse holding its inventory (in New Jersey).

Those who love and worked for the line at NM are hoping that someone will buy it and start it up again. I just received an email that their very expensive foundation is buy one get one half off; either they ARE reviving it OR they have a ton of it stocked up and are clearing it out. I'm not willing to take a chance to find out.

It’s nice of you to tell me this. I checked every review of every product spot theirs sold here on Q. It looks like they were doing most of their selling in 2017. There are some new reviews. The reviews were usually complimentary so some of the inventory could still be OK.