Trusted Contributor

Has anyone tried WOW for root cover up?

It is time for my hair color but I am going to be in travel and so I am waiting another month and I ran out of what I buy at HSN Tru Hair or something and I was wondering how you like WOW for root cover up/  Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried WOW for root cover up?

I really like this product, but I find that it is good for under a half inch growth, and no more.  Also, it is easy to go through this product quickly. So, for more growth and if you use it often between color, then a larger spray product is better, IMO. 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Valued Contributor

I haven't tried the WOW yet, but I have been using the Joan Rivers Great Hair Day on my roots as they grow out.  (I don't put it on my scalp as the product is intended, just on the roots.)  It works reasonably well, but it takes a lot of dipping into the product.  I will probably try the WOW next time I buy.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Trusted Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

I haven't tried the WOW yet, but I have been using the Joan Rivers Great Hair Day on my roots as they grow out.  (I don't put it on my scalp as the product is intended, just on the roots.)  It works reasonably well, but it takes a lot of dipping into the product.  I will probably try the WOW next time I buy.

There is lots of dipping with the WOW product as well.

Respected Contributor

I have used both Color WOW and Joan River's product.  My hair is dark brown and I find that Color WOW is a better match for my hair.  Joan's 'burnette' is closer to black.  Funny thing is that I prefer Joan's applicator brush so I use it with the WOW.

About 4 weeks after my salon color I use L'Oreal's Root Rescue.  I LOVE this touch up product.  So I only use WOW for brief periods between salon visits.

Trusted Contributor

Thank yo for your replies.  I purchsed WOW yesterday in the plantium and I have to apply a lot because I have almost two inches in grey but I like it yet I think I will just ge my hair colored more yet I like the fact they have these root fillers.  I will try the spray and I think I can go to a salon and test try Bumble and Bumble.

Trusted Contributor

Has anyone had any itching when applied?  Seems like I am starting to itch some on the scalp.  WOW really looks like eye shadow to me, I guess it could be a mineral powder.

Trusted Contributor

@Ilovehummingbirds wrote:

Has anyone had any itching when applied?  Seems like I am starting to itch some on the scalp.  WOW really looks like eye shadow to me, I guess it could be a mineral powder.

I did have some itching once after I applied it, but I think that had much more to do with my hair badly needing a wash! hahaha

Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

I get my roots done every 3 weeks.  By day 10 they start showing.  For years I used JR's product but even the blond was dark.  It is made to cover the scalp so I had to be careful not to cover my part.  I switched to WOW and I am so pleased.  There is a variety of colors and it clings to my hair, not scalp.

Respected Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

I really like this product, but I find that it is good for under a half inch growth, and no more.  Also, it is easy to go through this product quickly. So, for more growth and if you use it often between color, then a larger spray product is better, IMO. 

I agree with everything you said. It does a nice job when the need arises.