Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried RPR treatment for female hairloss?

[ Edited ]

PRP injections have not yet been FDA cleared for hair loss treatments...it's still early on research so it's just a matter of time. Maybe the Capillus guy was talking about some other kind of FDA cleared injectable hair loss treatment, he did not specify. I've had those, too, and I think he's referring to a type of acid (lactic) which is suppose to stimulate hair growth. It did nothing for me.

I just checked and my dermatology office performs PRP hair loss treatments. So even though the procedure is not FDA cleared, it appears they still do them. This is what their website posted about PRP hair loss treatments:

"It is important to note that PRP is also still being analyzed as an effective measure to minimize hair loss and reverse hair thinning in both men and women. With that, it cannot be said that PRP therapy is a 100 percent guarantee to restore hair growth. Likewise, the FDA has not yet approved the treatment itself."

Honored Contributor

https://www.linkedin.com/in/barry-pintar-8a0b7a122

This was the man who repped the Capillus on HSN, he did a very good job. 

Contributor

Ladies that have used the Minoxidil did you use the 2% or the 5%???? I was reading that even for women the 5% is much more effective. I also read the “experts” say it’s for men only because if you get it on your face you can grow facial hair. My hair on top is also thinning a little bit. The doctor said it’s a good thing I have a lot of hair. However, I’ve also read that when you first notice hair loss to take action immediately don’t wait until it gets worse. I did more research and found out if your doctor writes a prescription for Mixoxidil and you use the Goodrx coupon it is very inexpensive you. I know it is available over the counter. I wish all of you luck in finding solutions. A woman losing hair is very traumatic. After all it is our crowning glory. I am 62 now and I think if I don’t take action now by the time I’m 80 (if I live that long!) my scalp will be very visible. 🍀🍀🍀
Honored Contributor

@Kymheart1, I tried the Minoxidil for men because I, too, had read it was recommended.  I couldn't say whether it would've worked or not because I just couldn't stand the itch.  It was a strange deep down itch that you can't find to scratch sort of thing.  Drove me crazy.  

Honored Contributor

I tried the 5% Minoxidil, too. But it didn't work for me and I just couldn't stand how it made my hair and scalp greasy.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for all your replies. I am thinking about trying the Capillus cap from HSN since they have a 6 month return on this and on flex pay. Maybe I should consult a dermatologist also since all my primary care doctor said was to try Minoxidil.

Occasional Contributor

I was using the igrow 3 days a week but I have to admit that I have gotten lazy about it .  I do use Joan River Great Hair day only when I have a special occasion to attend. I saw the Capillus on HSN with a 6 month return policy on this. Where can I get a 12 month risk free trial?

Honored Contributor

@Hope47 wrote:

I was using the igrow 3 days a week but I have to admit that I have gotten lazy about it .  I do use Joan River Great Hair day only when I have a special occasion to attend. I saw the Capillus on HSN with a 6 month return policy on this. Where can I get a 12 month risk free trial?

@Hope47 

I may have misspoken about the 12-month risk-free  trial. I see on the Capillus website where they will accept returns for up to 12 months. But they will charge you a 25% fee for your return. I didn't see that part when I posted earlier.  When I saw it advertised on TV, the ad gave me the impression that is was risk free, but apparently not.