Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried Olay Regenerist Collagen Peptide 24 Moisturizer?

Just wondered if anyone is using or has used this?  I read someone (sorry, forget where) that said moisturizers with peptides are really one of the best things to have in your facial moisturizer.  I saw this while researching and it looked pretty nice.  Also -- no fragrance --- which is great for me!  It runs about $28.  I'm in the market for a new facial moisturizer, so I'm thinking of this one?  I'd love to hear your experience if any, before purchasing.  Thanks so much!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Olay Regenerist Collagen Peptide 24 Moisturizer?

I have never found an Olay product I really like. The last one I tried was in a red jar and after a couple of weeks my face was very dry. I stopped trying Olay.

QVC Customer Care

Super Contributor

I guess we all have different skin/experiences, because I just started usisng Olay about 3 months ago and love it.  I had been using Clinique---and for me Olay does just as well if not better.  I use the peptide one, serum, retinol max and cleanser. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My biggest objection to Olay products (Proctor & Gamble) is that their products are NOT cruelty free:

Olay is not cruelty-free. They may test on animals, either themselves, through their suppliers, or through a third party. Brands who fall under this category could also be funding animal testing by selling products in mainland China, where it's required by law.

Parent company:
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

1) The ingredients look good and no parabens...

2) The B5 and peptides are fairly high up in the ingredient list...

3) I emailed the company and asked if the water used in this 

product is filtered or is it tap water...

4) If it is unfiltered water...there are issues with chlorine and/or fluoride.

5) Having said that...if it is filtered water...I will probably try it...at the

Olay.com website...there is an option to subscribe and they state:

Subscribe: ALWAYS 30% off 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1   I'm a little skeptical of moisturizers without knowing the % of ingredients in the jar. The IT Secret Sauce, for example, if you look it up on here, has a list of ingredients  (takes up up the entire page, as long as my arm) and some I've never heard of and can't pronounce. 

I prefer a product that's more simple and then get my Vit.C, peptides, etc. separately so I know the concentration of the product I'm using.  

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

My biggest objection to Olay products (Proctor & Gamble) is that their products are NOT cruelty free:

Olay is not cruelty-free. They may test on animals, either themselves, through their suppliers, or through a third party. Brands who fall under this category could also be funding animal testing by selling products in mainland China, where it's required by law.

Parent company:

Another reason to not buy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Every time I think an Olay product looks or sounds good, once I research the ingredients it becomes a no go for me. They often use ingredients and preservatives i dont care to put on my face. Some like DMDM Hydantoin made from formaldehyde. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The ingredient list for Olay Regenerist Collagen Peptide 24 Moisturizer per Olay's website is:

• COLLAGEN PEPTIDE

This peptide acts in the same way that naturally occurring peptides work in younger skin. So as your skin ages, applying this topical peptide supports your skin’s natural renewal processes, so skin appearance is noticeably improved.

•  
  • VITAMIN B3 (NIACINAMIDE)

Our favorite ingredient at Olay is Vitamin B3. This ingredient is known to help skin retain moisture keeping it seriously hydrated. Vitamin B3 can also hydrate to help with surface skin cell turnover and regeneration, as well as exfoliation to remove dull skin. Long story short – it’s our unicorn.

•  
  • INGREDIENTS LIST

Water, Glycerin, Niacinamide*, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Panthenol**, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4***, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Tapioca Starch, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethiconol, Laureth-7, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, PEG-100 Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, 1,2-Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol

• *Vitamin B3, **Pro-Vitamin B5, ***Peptide