Valued Contributor

Has anyone tried Manoi? Carols Daughter shampoo/mask?

Been using Wen for years but would like to try something new. Price is good and free shipping.

Regular Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Manoi? Carols Daughter shampoo/mask?

I tried it a few years back. It is good, but it didn't blow me away. But at the time, I could use anything and my hair looked good. Now I am having to be more picky again. I like the Orlando Pita line they have at Costco, and you can't beat their prices!

Super Contributor

Yes, I have.  It's a very nice product.  I'm a WEN user now but am tempted myself for those days when I take a break from WEN.  It smells lovely too.

Super Contributor

It is very nice. i have used the entire set, I really like the deep conditioner. It also did not "yellow" my white hair. 

It is sold at Target and Ulta at full price. The TSV is a very good deal.

The scent is pretty strong ( to me) If you are sensitive to perfume, I would pass.

Regular Contributor

I have color treated and fine hair.  I found the shampoo too drying. The conditioner is nice and the mask is really hydrating. I use it every now and then. It's not my favorite and I can't use on days I need volume in my hair.  I do like the scent though. Reminds me of Ojon smell. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dried out my hair horribly. The mask was just... awful.

Need to add: my hair is protein sensitive. Protein is the WORST thing for it. I didn't realize that the Manoi products contain protein (98% of all hair products do) so it was horrible for my hair. It wouldn't be till later that I realized WHY the line dried out my hair so badly; protein was the culprit.

Honored Contributor

It has good reviews... of course some people are going to find fault with it  as nothing works for everyone. For the price I am going to try it. I own the hair spray and LOVE THE SCENT. Just know that is is pretty well scented so if you are sensitive to fragrance do not buy this set.  

Honored Contributor

I have tried it & like it so so. It's like all the other sulfate free shampoo out there. They dry out your hair.

Trusted Contributor

Didn't work for me - I returned it.  It smelled good, but I have long, course, dry, frizzy, unmanageable blonde hair and it made my hair worse.  Surprising considering it was supposed to do the opposite.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It didn't work for my hair-made it feel dry and tangled and dull looking. I haven't had any luck with Carols  daughter hair products for some reason. I can't really figure it out because there isn't anything in the ingredients list that seems like it would be drying.