Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Josie's Body Butter but like something else better?

@Shanus wrote:

I use the Kiehl’s Creme de Corps. It’s in a large pumper bottle (yellow lotion).... same size as large Philosophy bath gels. I alternate between that & Cerave depending on the dryness of my skin. I add argan, marula or jojoba oil to either if needed. 

The JM body butter felt very rich/oily on my body and took awhile to absorb before I could dress. 

@Shanus  Thanks for your good tips (adding oil to the existing lotion).  

Respected Contributor

JM is my body butter for years..I have (had) amazingly dry skin, nothing has ever helped like Josie's..I use all her face products also & am very happy with my skin. I only buy TSV's or ODO to help the cost..(also if you have a body butter that isn't your favorite scent) I just mix mine & create my own scent..Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I use the Kiehl’s Creme de Corps. It’s in a large pumper bottle (yellow lotion).... same size as large Philosophy bath gels. I alternate between that & Cerave depending on the dryness of my skin. I add argan, marula or jojoba oil to either if needed. 

The JM body butter felt very rich/oily on my body and took awhile to absorb before I could dress. 

@Shanus  Thanks for your good tips (adding oil to the existing lotion).  

@momoftwo2007  You’re welcome. I also add a drop of argan oil to facial moisturizer if my skin feels extra dry...especially at night. When traveling, I only take my day moisturizer & eye cream I use for day. At night I add a drop of argan (or your oil of choice) to create richer creams...saves space.

Trusted Contributor

@momoftwo2007, I HAVE tried other butters, even philosophy, BUT nothing ever compares in my opinion to JOSIES butters.  They are FABULOUS !! PRICEY BUT FABULOUS !!!

Honored Contributor

I really like her body butter and used it for years, but I switched to Nubian Heritage which  I like just as much and is readily available to me and much less expensive. It's 12 dollars for 13 ounces and Sprouts often does buy one get one free sales on it. I just picked up two that way. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom  I have heard lots of good things about the Wen Body Butter.  I wish that he will have some kind of small kit for people to try.  

Personally, I don't think it's at all worth the price and I have used it. I bought a jar and used the whole thing up. I do love Wen CC and styling products though. @momoftwo2007

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

Tree Hut makes nice body butters.

Also The Body Shop has wonderful body butters-natural ingredients as well.

Good luck.

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I really like her body butter and used it for years, but I switched to Nubian Heritage which  I like just as much and is readily available to me and much less expensive. It's 12 dollars for 13 ounces and Sprouts often does buy one get one free sales on it. I just picked up two that way. 

@jaxs mom  Thanks!! I'll look into Nubian Heritage.  I am all for much less expensive!

Respected Contributor

@momoftwo2007, I am a big Josie butter fan but I also like Soap and Glory Whipped Cream. Got it at Target for under $15 for 10 oz size.

Respected Contributor

I like Josie's butters, but I have extremely dry skin and prefer First Aid Beauty.  I caught the last TSV which was 2 tubs of 14oz plus 2 tubes.  They last me about 3 months each using daily.  They ended up costing a little less than $20 per tub plus tube.