Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Josie's Body Butter but like something else better?

@AmericanBulldogMom  I have heard lots of good things about the Wen Body Butter.  I wish that he will have some kind of small kit for people to try.  

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@momoftwo2007...I used to use Josie's body butter exclusively...that is until WEN Nourishing Intensive Body Treatment was launched.  I still have a tub of Josie's body butter and use it from time to time, but it doesn't hold a candle to WEN.  WEN is far superior in hydration, much less of a greasy feeling after applying (I can immediately get dressed) and makes a noticeable difference in my skin.  In saying that, I will never say that Josie's body butter is not good...it is...but nowhere near as good for my skin as WEN.  Maybe try both and judge for yourself?  You could apply JM one one side of your body & WEN on the other and see which side looks and feels healthier after 30 days.

@SurferWife Another recommendation for Wen.  It sounds like I'll have to try it!!  I am all for the less greasy feeling.

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007   Here are two suggestions one high end and one reasonable end.

High End - Almond Coconut Milk body butter by Laura Mercier.  $35 but you only need a really small amount and the fragrance lasts.  The fig is also very nice.  I love the Amond Cocount Milk.  Check out at Nordstrom, if interested, for free shipping.

Reasonable End - Orange & Clove body lotion by Acure Organics.  12 oz. for $7.00.  The combo of these two fragrances are really lovely and not over bearing.  Acure also has an unscented and 2 other choices.  I buy mine at iherb.com because you get free shpg, with $20 purchase.  Acure Organics may give free shpg. with $25 purchase.

Both choices above are very moisturizng.  I actually own both and love them both for different reasons.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@momoftwo2007   Here are two suggestions one high end and one reasonable end.

High End - Almond Coconut Milk body butter by Laura Mercier.  $35 but you only need a really small amount and the fragrance lasts.  The fig is also very nice.  I love the Amond Cocount Milk.  Check out at Nordstrom, if interested, for free shipping.

Reasonable End - Orange & Clove body lotion by Acure Organics.  12 oz. for $7.00.  The combo of these two fragrances are really lovely and not over bearing.  Acure also has an unscented and 2 other choices.  I buy mine at iherb.com because you get free shpg, with $20 purchase.  Acure Organics may give free shpg. with $25 purchase.

Both choices above are very moisturizng.  I actually own both and love them both for different reasons.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1 Thanks for your suggestions. I'll look into the Acure Organics.  It's too bad that they don't sell Acure at Ulta.

Respected Contributor

@Jannyg wrote:

I use JM's body butter and Beekman.  This deal is much better than any of the Beekman deals.  I actually calculated the per ounce cost (it's a slow afternoon at the office).  I also checked The Body Shop website.  They are offering their body butters on sale for $12,60 but for 6.75 ounces.  This deal works out to $14 for 8 oz.   I think is a very good deal.  It's really a very good body butter.

@Jannyg  Yes that it is a great deal. But I don't really need that much body butter.  So, I think I might pass the JM deal.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I was late trying JM's body butter but now won't be without it.  Feels so good on the legs/arms at night or after shower.  Check stock again b/c there might be a small size for less money for you to try.  I just love it - so much better than normal lotion.  A little goes a long way -the  amount you need.

@fthunt  Yes, I do wish the TSV is smaller in size and under $40. That will make it easier for people who are familiar to try.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momoftwo2007  The only store I know that sells it is Whole Foods.  However, go to their website and see if they have a store locator.  p.s.  I was really curious so I went to Acure's website and they do have a store locator.  They sell it at all the Targets in my area.  The store locator is on the face page at the bottom of the page.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I like it and it is costly. But I have tried two cheaper brands and they werent as good in my opinion.  I wish it cost less though.

Honored Contributor

I use the Kiehl’s Creme de Corps. It’s in a large pumper bottle (yellow lotion).... same size as large Philosophy bath gels. I alternate between that & Cerave depending on the dryness of my skin. I add argan, marula or jojoba oil to either if needed. 

The JM body butter felt very rich/oily on my body and took awhile to absorb before I could dress. 

Valued Contributor

I love it.  It is the only body butter/cream that i use.