Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried JonesRoadBeauty yet?

This is the new line that Bobbi Brown started........I haven't tried anything yet, was just curious??

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried JonesRoadBeauty yet?

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

This is the new line that Bobbi Brown started........I haven't tried anything yet, was just curious??

@CANDLEQUEEN   I received a gift box to try it out. I liked the "balm", but still needs some concealer or light tinted moisturizer underneath it. There is now a foundation type pencil that's been added. The eye pencil was "meh"...nothing special, to me. Lip glosses are good, but a lot of money compared to others I've used of equal quality. I'm anxious to see other products as she develops them. 

So far, it seems to be a no make up look, but more intended for a younger group of women. I'm all for a natural look, but most of us need more "help" than this line offers...so far.

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN I have. There is a review somewhere in this forum, lol.

Bottom line, it's the same products offered by Bobbi Brown but a CLEAN version. If that's important to you, then buy JRB. If not, buy the product from BB. 

I will say that her eyeshadow creams are shimmery and have fall out; didn't care for them. Her eyeliner is old-school pencil, goes on smoothly and can be smeared out easily. It is BLACK. Deep BLACK which is hard to find. But I wasn't WOWED by anything as it's really just the same stuff but clean, as I said. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

It's not like BB's original line at all. There are no correctors, perfumes, lipsticks (just glosses, so far) and definitely no skincare. Estee Lauder ruined Bobbi Brown's original company's "look" and after so many year's, as soon as her contract to stay was up, she left. 

Contributor

Thank you @CANDLEQUEEN for starting this thread and for everyone’s input. I’ve been curious as well. My guess was she took ‘her baby’ the Original Extra Balm with her when she left and that special formula or something similar will reappear exclusive to Bobbi Brown herself in time. So many people have missed it. I know companies streamline products, can’t always offer everything, but it seems like the Extra Balm was discontinued right about the time she left. Your thoughts, Shanus? Have you found anything similar? Hope it’s returning somewhere on the horizon. Thanks again @CANDLEQUEEN.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

It's not like BB's original line at all. There are no correctors, perfumes, lipsticks (just glosses, so far) and definitely no skincare. Estee Lauder ruined Bobbi Brown's original company's "look" and after so many year's, as soon as her contract to stay was up, she left. 

@Shanus Do you think she will eventually expand this line to be as large as her original? I can't see her doing perfumes, but maybe skincare down the road? What's your thoughts? I loved the original BB line, but haven't tried anything from there in ages.......So I didn't know Estee had changed/ruined it!   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@classyangel wrote:
Thank you @CANDLEQUEEN for starting this thread and for everyone’s input. I’ve been curious as well. My guess was she took ‘her baby’ the Original Extra Balm with her when she left and that special formula or something similar will reappear exclusive to Bobbi Brown herself in time. So many people have missed it. I know companies streamline products, can’t always offer everything, but it seems like the Extra Balm was discontinued right about the time she left. Your thoughts, Shanus? Have you found anything similar? Hope it’s returning somewhere on the horizon. Thanks again @CANDLEQUEEN.

@classyangel   @CANDLEQUEEN  Good morning. The Original Extra Balm is no longer available, BUT it is available with SPF. If you needed to wear it during the day, your balm is there. If you applied it at night, I don't think the spf matters, jsut costs more. I changed over to the EXTRA Repair Moisture Cream. It's very emollient and, to me, is much easier to work with than the balm that needed to be worked into the hands to heat it up a bit to make application better. The EXTRA Eye Repair cream is still in the line and I have used it at night when my skin is really dry and also applied it to very dry areas on my face. I see no difference beween the face balm and eye balm. The EXTRA eye balm can't be used during the day under concealer. 

The BB skincare is not my primary skincare line. I have used Skinceuticals for many years since many of BB's products do not have active anti-aging ingedients. They're just great moisturizers. The exception is Vitamin Enriched Face Base. It has a primer built in that is smoothing and lightly moisturizing, if you've never tried it. Makeup goes on like a dream over this. I love the fragrance and Bobbi said many women had asked for her to do a fragrance the same as this Face Base. If just home, I wear it over my SPF and love it because it's light. 

So many core products were removed from the line...the original lipstick formulation, the individual shadows and empty pan palettes that I could fill with the shades I liked, etc. I do use the Soothing Oil Cleanser...have for over 10 yrs. as my first cleanse. Takes off eye and face makeup gently.

I stay with the line for my face makeup...the only one with light enought concealers, corrections, my tinted moisturizer & foundation stick come in Alabaster and Porcelain...the 2 lightest shades. They are a perfect match for my ultra fair neutral skin tone.

Probably more info than you needed or wanted. Bobbi had a non-compete clause signed when Estee Lauder purchased the company. She was so upset by the changes made to the colors, formulas and the direction the line was going with bright colors and sparkle (everything she didn't believe was her natural look), she was more than happy to leave when her contract was up. I doubt if any of those orginal products will reappear In Jones beauty. BTW, the JB Balm has no coverage. it's more of a clear moisture/shine with a bit of color like blush for the cheeks. Your skin needs to be perfect to wear it alone. The Face Stick recently came out with a wide range of shades.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   Please see my post to @classyangel.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I tried the eyebrow pencils since I am always on the hunt for the next best perfect brow enhancer for me.

Unfortunately, I found them a bit too soft. They were fine enough, but crumbled easily when applying to my brows.  I won't be buying again.

Contributor

Shanus, Thank You for your Tremendous answer.. That meant a lot to me! I feel like I just sat in your chair. 😊 Happy to know the Extra Balm was simply discontinued with other options that are easier to work with suggested as replacements, not what I’ve been curious about. I so appreciate your thoughts, knowledge.. Continued Success and have a good day!