Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried Bobbi Brown’s Stick foundation?

[ Edited ]

Has anyone tried Bobbi Brown’s Stick foundation? If so, what is your opinion of it? 
I have dry skin.

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Bobbi Brown’s Stick foundation?

@Mindy D wrote:

Has anyone tried Bobbi Brown’s Stick foundation? If so, what is your opinion of it? 
I have dry skin.

Personally, I disliked it @Mindy D . I found it stuck in pores even with a primer. I am fair so I chose Porcelain but it made me look kind of pasty.🙁 I kept experimenting with shades but I think yellow based foundations often don't have enough pink in them for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D    I tried it and returned it.  Did not care for it at all.  If you skin is dry you may like BB's serum foundation.  Sign up for emails because BB will be offering 25% off with the holidays coming.  I use BB's fluid powder foundation for normal or oily skin.  I have normal and it works fine for me.  It's a light coverage which I prefer.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I didn't like it either. I was excited to try it because I like stick foundations but it didn't set right on my face. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried it long, long ago in Nordstorms when a make-up artist put it on me. Even SHE commented, "Oh, that looks really yellow on your skin."  LOL!  Yup! And when I left the store I noticed that it stuck in every pore. Definintely not a good product for my dry skin with pink undertones. I never had any success with any Bobbi Brown foundations because they are all yellow-based—even ones that claim to be for pink or neutral undertones. 

Super Contributor

I used it for years. I really liked it alot. But now I want SPF in my foundation so dont use it anymore. I use it cosmetics now. BB Gives a nice finish.. it used to be such a top of the line makeup brand and only brand to go to.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only stick foundation I've ever used that worked well on my dry skin was Lancôme's Teint Idole. Very very moisturizing. Unfortunately the last time I went to use it, it had partially melted and smelled rancid. Eww. So I would say if you do try it, plan on using it every day. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I like the idea of a stick foundation and tried this twice through the years and it did not look natural.  I got the wrong color (matched at Sephora) and it really looked bad.

Honored Contributor

I have one in my makeup drawer rightnow. I really like it... The only thing I don't like about it, is I definitely have to wear a finishing powder over it, I have combo skin and I find it to be a bit oily for me...

I have Medium Tan skin with a yellow undertone, so Honey works perfect for me.. I love most things Bobbi Brown, but this is not one that I reach for every day because of the oiliness...   

Honored Contributor

It is greasy and slides right off.  What doesn't settle into pores that is. . . Woman Frustrated