Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone received their MIF, and what do you think?

Just received mine today. The only item I have tried is the RTM. Sprayed some on my arms. Really like the scent. I can smell a little vanilla. Very nice. Can't wait to try the CC.

Super Contributor

I really like the new MIF. It smells like BGT with fruit added and is kind of earthy. It is moisturizing but not as moisturizing as Fig. It's like BGT with Fig added, which is a good combo for me. Normally I like to add a little Fig to whatever Wen I'm using for my second cleanse.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/18/2015 sonechko said:
On 3/17/2015 Diva1Donna said: Mine was delivered today. Opened up the RTM and styling creme to smell. I am not sure if I like the smell. I hope the CC smells better. I am tempted to send it back, but I hate to eat the shipping costs and I really needed more 613 CC. I am almost in the no pump zone of my last bottle. I may go ahead keep this, but will definetly see if I can change my next AD to BGT, which I love.

Donna, don't get discouraged just yet. I too did not like the smell of MIF, I mean - at all! But the great results MIF CC produced, overrode this little inconvenience for me initially.

But now, I don't hate it any longer as much, and noticed, I am actually beginning to like it a little, when I get a sniff of it here and there in the air, coming from my hair! This CC's smell for me gradually transforms into real scent of the ripe fig fruit, which I so enjoy eating, but not necessarily smelling.

Maybe mixing in a little bit of that 613 CC would eliminate the "smell problem"?

I just wanted to add, washed with MIF three times already, with styling cream and mist - the results are simply wonderful for me! Hair looks and feels full and manageable, simply great!

I hope to "fall in love" with MIF smell, eventually. Hopefully. Well, this happened to me with TT.

I had the same experience. When I first opened the bottles, the scent was just overwhelming and perfumey and I didn't like it at all. I don't know if the difference now is the bottles being opened and used some, or if I have just gotten used to the scent, but I don't find it nearly as objectionable now.

The first time I washed with it, I used only the MIF CC and SC and I didn't like the way the scent lingered in my hair for at least the first day. The next time I washed with it, I mixed the MIF with 613 (2 to 1 mixture) and that neutralized all the issues I was having with the scent. I didn't notice the scent lingering at all, other than when I took my hair down from the clip at night (which happens with all the WEN scents I've used).

I liked the way it performed both times. My hair was fluffy and moisturized. So I don't think I'll have a problem using it up. But I will try the SHL and SHP before I decide whether to cancel the A-D on the MIF or not. I also want to try mixing the MIF with BGT, because I love the scent of BGT, but it is not quite as moisturizing as I would like, so that might be a good combination.

Valued Contributor

On 3/18/2015 aprimo said:
On 3/18/2015 sonechko said:
On 3/17/2015 Diva1Donna said: Mine was delivered today. Opened up the RTM and styling creme to smell. I am not sure if I like the smell. I hope the CC smells better. I am tempted to send it back, but I hate to eat the shipping costs and I really needed more 613 CC. I am almost in the no pump zone of my last bottle. I may go ahead keep this, but will definetly see if I can change my next AD to BGT, which I love.

Donna, don't get discouraged just yet. I too did not like the smell of MIF, I mean - at all! But the great results MIF CC produced, overrode this little inconvenience for me initially.

But now, I don't hate it any longer as much, and noticed, I am actually beginning to like it a little, when I get a sniff of it here and there in the air, coming from my hair! This CC's smell for me gradually transforms into real scent of the ripe fig fruit, which I so enjoy eating, but not necessarily smelling.

Maybe mixing in a little bit of that 613 CC would eliminate the "smell problem"?

I just wanted to add, washed with MIF three times already, with styling cream and mist - the results are simply wonderful for me! Hair looks and feels full and manageable, simply great!

I hope to "fall in love" with MIF smell, eventually. Hopefully. Well, this happened to me with TT.

I had the same experience. When I first opened the bottles, the scent was just overwhelming and perfumey and I didn't like it at all. I don't know if the difference now is the bottles being opened and used some, or if I have just gotten used to the scent, but I don't find it nearly as objectionable now.

The first time I washed with it, I used only the MIF CC and SC and I didn't like the way the scent lingered in my hair for at least the first day. The next time I washed with it, I mixed the MIF with 613 (2 to 1 mixture) and that neutralized all the issues I was having with the scent. I didn't notice the scent lingering at all, other than when I took my hair down from the clip at night (which happens with all the WEN scents I've used).

I liked the way it performed both times. My hair was fluffy and moisturized. So I don't think I'll have a problem using it up. But I will try the SHL and SHP before I decide whether to cancel the A-D on the MIF or not. I also want to try mixing the MIF with BGT, because I love the scent of BGT, but it is not quite as moisturizing as I would like, so that might be a good combination.

Thanks ladies for the encouragement. I did a WWC oil treatment tonight and plan to give the MIF CC a whirl tomorrow.
Super Contributor

I adore this new MIF! So glad I got it. I think it actually smelled better in the bottle than when I actually used it but the scent is secondary to me. It's earthy which I don't mind at all. The performance is what I'm after and did this ever deliver. My hair is soft, shiny, bouncy and full of volume. I expected it to be a little heavier on my hair and it's not. Funny how different formulas work for different people. I have very thick, coarse and color treated hair below my shoulders. The SAM left a much heavier feeling than this one. The original Fig weighs my hair down terribly. Glad I didn't give up on WEN. I used the CC for both cleanses and used the styling cream afterwards. It's a winner in my book!

Respected Contributor

Reading some good things about the new MIF, I know I will want it the minute Chaz shows it, you do get a lot of product for the $...

New Contributor

I'm torn between the BGT and the MIF for the TSV tomorrow.

I typically use POM and love it, but want to try the rice formulations and the 613.

HELP!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Mischa said:

I typically use POM and love it, but want to try the rice formulations and the 613.

HELP!

Many of us have found that the MIF is more moisturizing than BGT. Most seem to find the scents of the two similar and equally pleasant. I would say it depends on your hair type and how much moisture you need.

Trusted Contributor

I had my best hair day ever after using MIF (and I've been a Wenner for over a year now.)

I think it gives my hair more body and shine than any of the other formulas although I can use all of them. I just couldn't believe the look and feel!

Like some others I also smell cedar. Honestly, I can't stand the smell of a cedar chest or clothes from a cedar closet. But this seems to work. And I liked it better when cleansing my hair than I did when I smelled it in the bottle. I don't really smell anything other than the cedar/woodsy scent. Maybe a very light touch of vanilla. No citrus and no sweet fruit like Original Fig. I too could describe it as cedar/woodsy/earthy added to BGT. But mostly just the cedar Smiley Wink

My hair is fine and naturally straight but currently with a partially grown-out perm. It was beginning to look like it needed cut and the ends were a little dry from damage with a flat iron. (I know, I've been abusing it!) But one cleanse with this stuff and it looked like new hair!! That's what a difference it made.

KJPA
Super Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Mischa said:

HELP!

Well...the MIF has the honey ingredient like the newest seasonals if that helps. I use BGT and got MIF to try it and I really like it as well. I notice people are saying MIF seems more moisturizing and I guess the honey might be the reason why.