Honored Contributor

Has anyone ordered anything from Jones Road Beauty?

Bobbi Brown's new line? The Miracle Balm and Face Pencil seems interesting, but pricey!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Has anyone ordered anything from Jones Road Beauty?

Hi,

I ordered a couple of the balms (Au Natural & Tawny), lots of the face pencils and the black eye pencil (which is the best of the lot).

I find it difficult to match the pencils to my skin tone.  I answered their online questionnaire and they suggested the pencils but I wasn't happy with their suggestions so I ended up with a lot of them!

I'm not wearing make-up now but I do like the balm alone and with the pencils blended on top of the balm.

One really petty thing that really annoyed me - they were out of the pencil sharpeners when I placed my two orders.  Now that it they are back in stock (for $8.00), it's $6.95 to ship the little sharpener!  I wrote customer service, explained the situation and asked for a free shipping promo code but instead got a promo code for 10% off of the sharpener!  80 whole cents!!

I don't love the products enough to shop with them again.  But, I do think the balm and face pencils are worth a try.  And the eye pencil stays on longer than any other I have tried!

Honored Contributor

@JohnnyWasnt wrote:

Hi,

I ordered a couple of the balms (Au Natural & Tawny), lots of the face pencils and the black eye pencil (which is the best of the lot).

I find it difficult to match the pencils to my skin tone.  I answered their online questionnaire and they suggested the pencils but I wasn't happy with their suggestions so I ended up with a lot of them!

I'm not wearing make-up now but I do like the balm alone and with the pencils blended on top of the balm.

One really petty thing that really annoyed me - they were out of the pencil sharpeners when I placed my two orders.  Now that it they are back in stock (for $8.00), it's $6.95 to ship the little sharpener!  I wrote customer service, explained the situation and asked for a free shipping promo code but instead got a promo code for 10% off of the sharpener!  80 whole cents!!

I don't love the products enough to shop with them again.  But, I do think the balm and face pencils are worth a try.  And the eye pencil stays on longer than any other I have tried!

@JohnnyWasnt Thanks for your response. I am still thinking about it, because those two items add up to 63.00 plus then you have to add in shipping. So I think I may wait for a free shipping code, or a special, since I have signed up on their website for emails.....

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Bobbi Brown's new line? The Miracle Balm and Face Pencil seems interesting, but pricey!!!!!

@CANDLEQUEEN   I received a "Try Me" box of samples from Bobbi Brown when she launched the line. I like the Miracle Balm in colder months when my skin is more dry. I haven't given it a fair shake in really hot weather yet.

The mascara is great, but I never pay that much for mascara and would not purchase it myself. The dark eye pencil in the original launch was great as liner, but too dark for my brows. The lip glosses are also good, but I have others that I love just as much.

The Face Pencil is newer to the line and no trouble w/ shades here...I just always choose the lightest one available. 

I received an email today that a new brow pencil will be coming out tomorrow. 

Trusted Contributor

@JohnnyWasnt I had a problem with the pencil shades also.  The one recommended seemed much too dark.  The great color match was one of the best things about her original foundation.

Honored Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

@JohnnyWasnt I had a problem with the pencil shades also.  The one recommended seemed much too dark.  The great color match was one of the best things about her original foundation.

@Tadaki   Yes, her original foundation was the foundation sticks. There was no concealer in the beginning. She taught us to use a lighter shade of the stick as concealer and then a skin tone correct stick on the rest of the face. I still love working with these sticks and use 3-4 sticks at a time. No one's face is one color all over. I like using a lighter concealer under eyes and in the center of the face to highlight it. Then a shade darker I move to the outer areas. A shade in between is perfect for covering spots or blemishes. 

The Stick Foundation was reformulated years ago and the SPF removed making perfect for bridal makeup or anyone taking photos. 

Valued Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Hi I was very tempted to try to . i had used Bobbie Brown's original line eclusively from the1990s till about 8 years ago when I went cruelty free . When this line came out I was thrilled to see it was cruelty free . I like to support different brands . Her line seemed like what i was looking for as far as a simple easy look . i went to look at the Miracle Balm and clicked full ingredient list . I see that while it has good oils , it does have grapefruit , orange peel , ginger root and rosemary oils . I have sensitve acne prone skin . These oils can be irritating for any skin especially if you put them on eyelids and lips . It also did not help that 80% of all the products were Out of stock at the time . Unfortunately I had to pass.

Respected Contributor

I have placed 3 orders so far.  I am waiting on her eyeshadows and face sticks.  I have 3 of the four miracle balms.  I have eyeliner, and a pot of shadow.  I am on the fence.  I haven't tried to use it with other makeup just all on its own. I like the balms alot but I think I have overdone it because I don't have any other face makeup from her line and haven't used it with other stuff I have.  Maybe when the Facesticks come in that will be the game changer,  I can come back to this thread after my next order arrives.  I love her instagram page by the way.

Contributor

SHANUS,
Do you know what's going on with the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners in the pots?  Even BB's customer service (onine chat) couldn't tell me!
All shades except black are on backorder.
If I recall, I checked at Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom and found only black available.