Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone made purchases from Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?

Ladies...what a pleasant experience! Everything I purchased is a keeper-Zella leggings, Lysse' ponte knit seamed leggings--my fav of all items, Hue Moto leggings that have back pockets and zipped front pockets-very stylish, and 2 other textured/quilted/moto style leggings from BP department. 6 different fashion tights-opaque colors & animal type designs-some were only 9 dollars! JBrand jeans, Jo Malone fragrance set. No shipping charges, and excellent packaging. Free returns if needed. No odd smells or bunched up items smooshed in baggies. After also purchasing new Giuliana items this past weekend and 5 Skinn cosmetic kits with free or reduced shipping, nothing of any interest for me to purchase at qvc this week. Looked at the new Linea WK pants and tights, but given all the sizing problems and ridiculous s&h charges made my decision easy. Had 2 pairs of pants and 3 tights in my cart--20 dollars to ship these small light weight items, shut down/cancelled that order quickly. Just reading the discussions on this forum about the sizing was enough to cancel my order. So much chaos, confusion, uncertainty about sizing, and then 20 dollar shipping, topped by the fact of a high probability of having to return/exchange. Not worth it, and item pricing is not as good of a value as you can find at Nordstrom. I still need to check out the shoes and boots at Nordstrom b/4 the sale concludes this week. Any good buys in shoes/boots that I should consider? Thx

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

I purchased some great workout apparel. Nike stay-dri capri workout pants and a very light, waterproof The North Face jacket in a beautiful red color. What great prices and no shipping. I love both pieces and wore them to the gym!!!

Honored Contributor

On 7/28/2014 Beejene said:

I purchased some great workout apparel. Nike stay-dri capri workout pants and a very light, waterproof The North Face jacket in a beautiful red color. What great prices and no shipping. I love both pieces and wore them to the gym!!!

I'm reading lots of raves for the Nike apparel from this sale. The Zella leggings are also workout gear.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Contributor

I got two pairs of Zella leggings--one black, one charcoal--3 Chantelle bras, an Eileen Fisher cardigan, a print blouse that went well with the sweater (Classiques Entier brand), a Bamboo dreams cardigan that I ordered the first day of the pre-sale (lucky for me because they sold out fast). I avoided the beauty items because I'm completely stocked.

Except for the Barefoot Dreams cardigan, I tried everything on in the store, which was helpful because last year I ordered online and didn't pick clothes that looked good on me.

Super Contributor

On 7/24/2014 BevG said:

A Michael Kors handbag. Ordered it online, just got it today. It's a keeper.

The big one? I'm waiting for mine. I got the natural color. What is yours? I also bought Spanx black tights. I have some and they are great!
Trusted Contributor

Received my Michael Kors trench coat and I absolutely love it! Perfect, timeless style that will last for seasons if I take care of it. Single-breasted, a must for me, and in a petite so I don't have to hem the sleeves. It has silver buttons that really dress it up.

I am definitely ordering the Dolce Vita boots on my wish list this Friday when tax-free weekend starts in my area (I hope Nordstrom honors it!). I've decided against the Betsey Johnson leopard print coat I was considering. I found a nice alternative for about a third of the price at H&M, and there's no pressure to buy it right away.

(ETA: I just replaced the buttons this past winter on an H&M coat I bought in 2007, and it looks brand new!)

Honored Contributor

I received the cosmetic tote from Nordstrom anniv. sale. It's a steal at $12 & Change. It is a clear plastic tote with zipper, square, and the handle is black w/white roses and inside is 2 small cosmetic bags that are black with white roses zipped and one medium bag zipped with same pattern. It is advertised as a Junior cosmetic bag. This is for anyone and you can break it down and have stocking stuffers at Christmas. Check it out.

kindness is strength
Contributor

Love seeing what everyone got!

I bought...

Zella capris, leggings, soul 2 pants & pretty jacket, Hunter tall moto boots, Coach flats & bucket bag, AGL flats, Barefoot Dreams cardigan, Hanky Panky, Kendra Scott earrings, Bliss face wash, Whish Orange body butter, Chantelle & Elomi bras and Wolverine 1000 Mile boots for DH.

Frequent Contributor

I stopped in tonight with my 14 yr old son. I bought him three shirts for school. I also stopped by the beauty department and bought a L'occitane shea butter kit which was a great price. I bought a giant shower cap for my big hair and some hair ties. I was tempted to buy philosophy 32 oz shower gels, but I restrained.

Honored Contributor

On 7/30/2014 KatCat1 said:

I received the cosmetic tote from Nordstrom anniv. sale. It's a steal at $12 & Change. It is a clear plastic tote with zipper, square, and the handle is black w/white roses and inside is 2 small cosmetic bags that are black with white roses zipped and one medium bag zipped with same pattern. It is advertised as a Junior cosmetic bag. This is for anyone and you can break it down and have stocking stuffers at Christmas. Check it out.

It's been fun to read about everyone's great buys...still a few days left, so I'm checking out some of the items listed on this thread that I didn't buy yet. Those Voluspa candles sound wonderful and the pricing is great. I'm also looking for this cosmetic tote, but can't find it. Can you give me the item number? Thx