Honored Contributor

Has anyone here tried Il Makiage Foundation?

I keep seeing these Utube videos of it and have been receiving emails and advertisements, it looks nice, but thought I would check to see if anyone has actually used it? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone here tried Il Makiage Foundation?

They sold Il Makiage on the Q back in the late 90's. 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   It's $44.  I think this is the one you are referring to.  I have not tried it.  50 shades are available.

WOKE UP LIKE THIS

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN   It's $44.  I think this is the one you are referring to.  I have not tried it.  50 shades are available.

WOKE UP LIKE THIS

Yes, it is this one. expensive, but very very good reviews! I haven't purchased yet......Not sure if I will in the future or not. 

Frequent Contributor

This is a different brand than when it was originally on QVC many moons ago.  
The makeup artist/owner of the brand was Ilana Harkavi.  Truly a trail blazer not just on QVC, but makeup artist cosmetics lines. She was an AMAZING seller on QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Il-Makiage will send you a full-size bottle of foundation to try.  If you keep it then they submit the charge to your credit card.  If not, the charge is canceled before they process it. 

@kurious is correct.  This is not the same Il-Makiage which had a regular weekly show on the early 90s version of QVC2.  Back then the brand was owned and managed by the founder Ilana Harkavi.  In those days like the old Laura Geller studio, Il-Makiage was also a great place to go to have a professional makeover.  The brand had disappeared, and now it seems the new owners are trying to make a mark in the US market. Eventually, I may try something, but right now it's not a good time for me to play back and forth by mail with new products (which may be necessary since I've never touched or seen any of the products in person. 

Honored Contributor

Just tried both the foundation and concealer - I'm blown away by both - the matching, the staying power, the coverage.  Will be ordering more products. 

Respected Contributor

My neighbor introduced me to it. She's African American with a lot of dark pigment around her eyes. She did three tries before finding the right shade. I am very fair and pink. I ordered the lightest shade like I always do and it's perfect. Not sure about the concealer, but I haven't really worked with it. The number of colors is mind blowing.

This time of year I wear BM tinted moisturizer with SS and a bit of BM veil over it.

Trusted Contributor

The foundation is a nice product. I tried once and the shade wasn't quite right so I returned it. I had found something else in the interim so I didn't try the foundation again. It was a very nice formula though. Their customer service was terrific though-they refunded me but also gave a further merchandise credit for I believe it was 40 dollars. I ended up trying a shadow and something else-I forget. I was impressed with their service!