Regular Contributor

Has anyone had their eyebrows done with microblading?

Microblading is a procedure by which they tatoo individual little hair strokes inside your eyebrows and on the surrounding skin making brows look natural, fuller, and shaped.

The cost is around $375-$400 with a free touch up at the one-month mark. I've seen many people with this and I love the look as long as the brows aren't done too dark. There are different colors to choose from so they don't need to be done black or very dark brown. They will match your hair color or brow color. I'm thinking of doing this and actually went for a consultation. I was told that I only needed to do the ends/tails since my brows are already full everywhere else. The cost would be $250 for a half-procedure. 

Has anyone done this? Thoughts? It's not permanent but it lasts 12-18 months and then a touch up is required since it starts to fade.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Has anyone had their eyebrows done with microblading?

My daughter had it done.  It's amazing how they do this.  Her brows look fantastic.  Minimum upkeep.  I'm thinking of doing it myself.  Just make sure you go to someone reputable.  Hope this helps you.

Honored Contributor

My sister had this done.  It looked great.  The problem was, it didn't last very long and faded.  Her brows were gone 2 months later.

She said it was too expensive and too short lived to get it done again.

if you can afford it, the look is a good one if done right.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I work in the beauty industry and I have a good friend who does this. If I didn't have such a problem with my immune system, I would have it done too. She does a beautifully outstanding job. I would really do my homework on who you choose and make sure you see lots of the technicians before and afters but I would go for it if you are thinking about it.

I would have it done it myself but at one time I was taking immunosuppressants for an auto immune disease and it caused my immune system a lot of trouble including a lot of staph infections on my skin that still test positive for MRSA so this would be inviting trouble for me.

Forgot to add that many times good discounts can be found in Groupons.

Also @Carmie, I would have your sister go back to the tech who did the microblading and see about having it redone because it absolutely should last longer than that. Do you know if she went to her followup appt that should have been scheduled 4-6 weeks after the initial appointment? Microblading requires 2 appts, the first one and then the second one adjust pigment (if needed), shape and thickness and more strokes if needed. I would definitely have her go back because 2 months is absolutely too soon to have it faded that much. Usually the 2 month period is around the time when they are going in for the second touch up appt and that is included in the price. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

I read an article online from Instyle magazine that was very informative. If the microplaning is done properly by a skilled person it should last 3 years with once a year touch ups. 

Id love to have it done since my brows are so light and sparse. 

Honored Contributor

@Haircut100 wrote:

Microblading is a procedure by which they tatoo individual little hair strokes inside your eyebrows and on the surrounding skin making brows look natural, fuller, and shaped.

The cost is around $375-$400 with a free touch up at the one-month mark. I've seen many people with this and I love the look as long as the brows aren't done too dark. There are different colors to choose from so they don't need to be done black or very dark brown. They will match your hair color or brow color. I'm thinking of doing this and actually went for a consultation. I was told that I only needed to do the ends/tails since my brows are already full everywhere else. The cost would be $250 for a half-procedure. 

Has anyone done this? Thoughts? It's not permanent but it lasts 12-18 months and then a touch up is required since it starts to fade.

The cost in my area is $700!

I've considering it.  I had my brows tatooed many years ago-they faded terribly.  And, they faded to a fake, weird color.  Thank goodness the color is all gone now.  

I'd have to research this further to see if the improvements are here.  15 years ago--the brow procedure probably wasn't as advanced!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I've been wanting to do this!  I like that it's semi-permanent, and way more natural looking than the old tattooing method.  I've been following a local person in my area on Instagram, and her before & after pics of her clients are amazing!  She charges $500, but I have a feeling her price will increase because she's developed such a great reputation.  Brows can make such a huge difference in someone's appearance!  My brows are "okay," but they're an ash-blonde color that can kind of wash me out, and they're also not has full as I would like.  I would love to do this, but I have to wait for budget reasons. Looking foward to doing this when I can! 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Valued Contributor

I had my eyebrows tatooed about 3 years ago.  It was around $500 or so and by the end of the appointments, I think the technician had spent about 10 hours on me. Had the choice of a solid brow or "feather strokes".  I opted for the more natural feather strokes. 

Mine still look really well, but I'm very careful about "keeping them out of the sun", not using any lotions, makeup or cleansers on them. 

The only thing I was disappointed in was that the technician did not tell me that for follow-ups, she charged $100 for touch-ups the following year, $200 if you needed to return in 2 years, etc....  I never went back for any touch-ups.

She worked for a plastic surgeon or dermatologist prior to starting her own business in her home.