Reply
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 146
Registered: ‎03-01-2015

Has anyone gone all organic on hair & face?

I would be willing to try it on my hair because I've heard good things in favor of it.  On my face it would be hard to come up with an organic sunscreen & I don't believe an organic  serum/moisturising cream  would do what a non-organic can.  Another question:  what layer of product is not absorbed into skin?  Does suncreen penetrate serums/creams to reach skin?  Does foundation get past suncreeen & cream to affect skin? 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,821
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Has anyone gone all organic on hair & face?

@2penny 

Curlmix is a product that uses organic ingrediates. The shampoo & conditioner are wonderful products and my hair strands are healthier for it.

They also have a leave in moisturizer and flaxseed gel styler. You may not need the last 2 products for your hair.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,744
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Has anyone gone all organic on hair & face?

no

makes no sense to me

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,275
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: Has anyone gone all organic on hair & face?

If you are not wearing a primer then most, if not all, of the things you put on your face get absorbed regardless of the order you apply them.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,763
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Has anyone gone all organic on hair & face?


@SilleeMee wrote:

If you are not wearing a primer then most, if not all, of the things you put on your face get absorbed regardless of the order you apply them.


(Not to be argumentative at all, but for another point of view...)

 

I do not think it is as cut-and-dried as this. Certain things may penetrate into deeper layers of the skin, but not all is absorbed - good thing! There are just too many factors and explanations.

 

@2penny 

Anything with a large molecule will "not be absorbed" into the skin. Which is probably everything on the market today, "organic" or not. Foundations, creams and serums may have some bearing on the surface of the skin. That's about all. You would have to have some medical grade skin penetration enhancers for absorption, and they probably would not choose the vehicle of the facial skin.

 

I thought the idea was to have those large molecules (in our skin creams) in order to protect you from your own moisture loss.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,275
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: Has anyone gone all organic on hair & face?

@Harpa ,

Yes, ITA with what you are saying. My point was to say that using a primer will help keep things away from your skin so that the primer can help keep the things that can be absorbed from going there. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor
Posts: 750
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Has anyone gone all organic on hair & face?

I've used only chemical-free hair & skin products for years. I use mainly Sea Active Skincare by Vinni Parrinello. Wonderful stuff though a bit pricey. Am trying to find a good fragrance company for natural perfume. Any ideas?

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 146
Registered: ‎03-01-2015

Re: Has anyone gone all organic on hair & face?


@SilleeMee wrote:

@Harpa ,

Yes, ITA with what you are saying. My point was to say that using a primer will help keep things away from your skin so that the primer can help keep the things that can be absorbed from going there. Smiley Happy


@SilleeMee   What is in the primer that does this?  So if you use a primer after sunscreen & before foundation then the sunscreen & everything else is not absorbed, the good stuff & the bad stuff.  So a foundation that is organic would not be necessary if it is not absorbed?  Trying to wrap my head around this.  What primer do you use @SilleeMee ?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,275
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: Has anyone gone all organic on hair & face?


@2penny wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Harpa ,

Yes, ITA with what you are saying. My point was to say that using a primer will help keep things away from your skin so that the primer can help keep the things that can be absorbed from going there. Smiley Happy


@SilleeMee   What is in the primer that does this?  So if you use a primer after sunscreen & before foundation then the sunscreen & everything else is not absorbed, the good stuff & the bad stuff.  So a foundation that is organic would not be necessary if it is not absorbed?  Trying to wrap my head around this.  What primer do you use @SilleeMee ?


 

 

 

@2penny 

Primers usually contain silicone which is the ingredient responsible for creating a barrier. Primers usually go on top of skin care products and under sunscreen. Makeup applied lastly. 

 

I don't use a primer. I use a sunscreen which is water resistant, a barrier of sorts, and that sunscreen doubles as my primer. I'm not too concerned about stuff being absorbed. That's a personal choice I have made.Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 146
Registered: ‎03-01-2015

Re: Has anyone gone all organic on hair & face?


@SilleeMee wrote:

@2penny wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Harpa ,

Yes, ITA with what you are saying. My point was to say that using a primer will help keep things away from your skin so that the primer can help keep the things that can be absorbed from going there. Smiley Happy


@SilleeMee   What is in the primer that does this?  So if you use a primer after sunscreen & before foundation then the sunscreen & everything else is not absorbed, the good stuff & the bad stuff.  So a foundation that is organic would not be necessary if it is not absorbed?  Trying to wrap my head around this.  What primer do you use @SilleeMee ?


 

 

 

@2penny 

Primers usually contain silicone which is the ingredient responsible for creating a barrier. Primers usually go on top of skin care products and under sunscreen. Makeup applied lastly. 

 

I don't use a primer. I use a sunscreen which is water resistant, a barrier of sorts, and that sunscreen doubles as my primer. I'm not too concerned about stuff being absorbed. That's a personal choice I have made.Woman Happy


 

Thanks @SilleeMee  - that makes sense.  Do you mind say what sunscreen you use?