Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever used any skin care that actually resulted in "makeup optional" skin?

@Shanus wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

Even if I would consider any of my skincare products makeup optional, I would still wear makeup. I love wearing makeup and it adds color to my light- medium complexion. My birthday is next week and I will be 70. I do see that  as I age,  I prefer less coverage with my foundation. 

@Tricolor  Happy Birthday 🎂!  I'm 71 and  I agree. My skin is the best it's been and I could go w/o makeup, but then w/ silver hair and fair skin the only color on my face would be my still med. dark full brows and dark lashes. I do wear tinted moisturizer with an added spf (over my usual spf 50) & a cream blush & gloss for color. 

How can I NOT love makeup when it's my profession. I love applying a full face on myself on occasion, too, but always with a lighter hand and natural, neutral shades. 

Thank you @Shanus . My husband had a wonderful surprise for me last night with some very close friends and our married children. We had dinner at a beautiful restaurant with the view of the city of Pittsburgh. It was the perfect night. I do agree that as we age we can still enjoy some makeup applied properly. Which of course know all about that with your line of work. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever used any skin care that actually resulted in "makeup optional" skin?

@Tricolor   That's so nice that your DH planned a memorable night out for your birthday. Sounds beautiful. 💕

Honored Contributor

One word answer - No! Sorry to say.  

The actual condition of my skin is pretty good considering I am 67 - no wrinkles -- only a few small lines.  But I have rosacea.  So I have some broken caps and redness.  If it weren't for this, I would not wear foundation.  I don't do sun and try to take care of my skin.  Eat well, moisturize well.  Mother had beautiful skin and she only used Pond's cold cream and later on in life she used the basic Oil of Olay lotion.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

It is just a marketing/sales tactic. The interesting thing is the reps, and hosts that say it on air all wear makeup

That's not a fair statement. Everyone wears makeup on TV because of the lighting and cameras. Ask Richard Nixon about going without makeup on live TV.

Respected Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

What is it?  TIA.

I think it depends on what you consider "makeup optional" skin and how comfortable you are in your own skin.

I go without makeup most days, so I could say everything I use results in "makeup optional" skin.

Valued Contributor

I'm Irish with pale skin. I also live in Florida which has been murder on my skin.

I use PTR tinted, 30 SPF CC cream. Lightly tinted which covers the red and brown spots and also acts as my SPF.

I love PTR's retinol which has cleared up so much of my sun damage.

I do not go outside without his CC cream or a mineral moisturizer.

Respected Contributor

I do not wear makeup- Maybe a little  gel blush on occasion, but never any face/foundation makeup- (Though I DO wear my share of eye makeup) But I have found that foundation makes me look OLDER, not BETTER! I am 61 years old - Here I am on my 60th birthday- I use SKINN and Consulte- I would definitely say I look better and younger with no makeup on my skinTam 60 birthday.jpg