Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone ever had an "eyelash perm?"

The salon in LA where I get my brows waxed is offering eyelash perm and it's very popular.

Using a series of solutions the process takes about 30 minutes the result is lashes that are curled without using a lash curler, and tinted so you don't need mascara.

I'd be concerned about putting perming solution near my eyes, but from what I saw, no one else was. In the hour I was in the salon two technicians (they're required to have a special license to do the process) must have done 6 clients.

Anyone done?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever had an ""eyelash perm?""

Heat eyelash curler with blow dryer (on warm) then carefully curl lashes. I personally need mascara for volume and length so this works well for me. I wore out a great heated curler and have not found a replacement.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/12/2014 keba58 said: Heat eyelash curler with blow dryer (on warm) then carefully curl lashes. I personally need mascara for volume and length so this works well for me. I wore out a great heated curler and have not found a replacement.

I forgot to add that the process lasts up to three months. Imagine jumping out of bed and not having to deal with mascara or a lash curler!!!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

Not FDA approved & lashes grow out or fall out. Imagine being BLIND FOR LIFE from this.Wonder if you have to sign away your rights to say they're not responsible for eye damage ? ):

Frequent Contributor

Voyager , from one so cal girl to another, please dont do this. it sounds very risky putting those chemicals near your eyes. If you have ever had a perm , you know those chemicals are harsh and stinky, and dont hairdressers usually wear gloves when applying? its just another beauty hype and eventually you will hear on the news how someone was injured.

Super Contributor

i did it back in the 80's. It was very nice to have curled tinted lashes, but it didn't last three months. Maybe 45 days or so.

Super Contributor

On 3/12/2014 par52 said:

Voyager , from one so cal girl to another, please dont do this. it sounds very risky putting those chemicals near your eyes. If you have ever had a perm , you know those chemicals are harsh and stinky, and dont hairdressers usually wear gloves when applying? its just another beauty hype and eventually you will hear on the news how someone was injured.

Aw. thanks! (: They couldn't pay ME enough to put my eyes in danger like that tho. Vision's more precious than curly lashes.