Frequent Contributor

Has anyone else tried Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum? I'm enjoying it!

It's kind of a combination between a primer and a serum, just like the title and ingredients indicate. Goes on silky smooth and dries down nicely if you don't apply too much. It's very hydrating to me and I do have some very dry areas on my face. The finish is smooth and not shiny, nor matte. It doesn't have too much dimethicone (which makes my skin feel suffocated) but it does have enough to give the silky, thick feel and good slip.

Here's some comparisons of the Hourglass to these similar textured items I've tried:

Scent - smells like Kiehl's night recovery concentrate serum

Weight - a little heavier/thicker than Dr. D Hydroshield/Paula' Choice Antioxidant serum

Dr. D Hydrosheild - Hourglass absorbs better and doesn't make my skin feel as suffocated and so far no milia from Hourglass that I got from Dr D

Paula's Choice Antioxidant Serum - same as above.

Isomer's One 3000 Face serum - Hourglass is thicker and more hydrating but then it has totally different ingredients. I used my usual One 3000 Face first, and then applied the Hourglass for moisture and smoothness and I like the combo. But then I use One 3000 or WHINE every day as the first thing on my daytime skin.

Kate Sommerville Quench - Hourglass is thicker and more moisturizing.

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum - Hourglass is thicker/more moisture

PTR Unwrinkle - Hourglass is thicker/smoother - I'd use the PTR underneath as a starting point

Philosophy WHINE - Hourglass is thicker and gives a smooth finish - WHINE is a good base underneath as it soaks in first and has no effect on the Hourglass performance.

This item is just what it says. It won't replace my first layer of serum, and it works well as the second layer item before makeup to give moisture and smoothness.