Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone else embraced their dark circles?

@Leeny wrote:

@JoNikki

NO way- am I embracing my dark circles. I inherited these from my father and as I turned about 40 they started getting darker. I am now 64 and I will keep fighting them. I just came across a serum for Severe under-eye dark circles. It is made by Reviva Labs. I've been using this for about 4 weeks and I have began noticing a difference. This product is made in the USA which grabbed my attention. I also use a concealer by Benefit called Lemon Aid. It has a yellow undertone which kills that darkness for me. Anyway, this is what I do and if you wish to embrace it, that is your choice. I am going to fight it all the way.  I am very fair skinned so those dark circles make me look tired and ill. Not a good look.

This product has haloxyl in it, the magic ingredient for dark circles.

I've tried a few of the Reviva Labs things and like them!

Respected Contributor

@JoNikki wrote:

Although I'm still young I find that all makeup looks terrible under my eyes. No moisturiser, primer, concealer, powder, etc. looks the way i want it to. I'd rather look tired than dehydrated and wrinkly with every fine line showing. And like I said, I'm young (28). So I've just decided to embrace the dark circles because I have a demanding career and I think I've earned them. Thoughts?

Side note, the more I see people wearing gobs of makeup (instagram makeup in real life) the more I find myself liking my appearance with out it. Almost like a reverse effect..

Dark circles are a challenge for sure.  I find the more I try to cover them up the worse I look.  I tried IT Bye Bye Under Eye and it was awful on me.  That was my ah ha moment.  I will use a litle foundation and hope for the best.  I have spent way too much money on under eye concealers that end up on my ankles by noon.

Honored Contributor

I don't have the darkness under my eyes but in the corners next to my nose and NO-----I do not embrace that issue at all. I do know how to successfully deal with that tho. My problem is the bags under my eyes that I have always had. If I had a few thousand $$ extra, that is what I would have "done".

Regular Contributor

Wagirl -  what do you use on your inner corners?