Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone else embraced their dark circles?

[ Edited ]

Yep!  Many years ago.  Along with my very deep-set eyes.

I just accept whatever God gave me - in all areas - and work with it.

Plus I wear eyeglasses full-time and have noticed - maybe rationalized, LOL - that they help detract from 'em. 

BTW, you'll notice that at various ages they're less pronounced, so stay hopeful. 

Esteemed Contributor

Heck no! I don't have eye bags or eye wrinkles but what I do have is loss of fat in the undereye area and the dark circles make that area look a bit hollow so I always have to use a concealer that is very light to disguise the dark circles as best as I can. I am always on the lookout for a great concealer for that area.

Honored Contributor

Some people have dark circles due to allergies or hereditary from relatives!

I'm going to be 61 and I've had dark circles for years -- not due to lack of sleep either as some people might think. My glasses kinda hide them. Numerous videos on YouTube for solutions and Wayne Goss suggests dotting the actual circle or shadow with the color corrector (like pink or peach if tanner or darker in color) and not say the eye bags. Dotting concealer on eye bags emphasizes them more.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell@JoNikki,

I agree some wrinkles can be beautiful like the ones you mention. I smile with my eyes and I do have crow feet. Retinol is the best remedy according to every detrmatologist.

Dark circles can be genetic for instance I have a "natural shadow"in my eyelids since I was a teenager. Some friends asked me what kind of eye shadow did I use and it was amusing.

If they are due to excess of caffeine, lack of sleep...you are too young and there are cosmetics than could help you instead of make up. La Mer is too much for a young lady in her 20s it works really well the same goes for Lancôme eye-illuminating serum which I also like🌻

Honored Contributor

There are a number of products on the market that will actually diminish, or get rid of entirely, dark circles.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I wouldn't call it an embrace, more like peaceful coexistence.

They're there. Cosmetically, I don't care. They're telling me I'm tired, that my diet is off, that I'm drinking too much coffee. They're reminders to get it together. I'm not going to blot them out, I'm going to try to get with the program.

Speaking of which, time for bed.

Honored Contributor

No.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I have hereditary dark circles and in the 50 years I have been wearing makeup I have tried many concealers including It bye bye and no matter what I use over it or under it the result is the same.  I look in the mirror later and sometimes within minutes and it is puddled in fine lines. 

Honored Contributor

I don't mess with that area, since to lighten it, makes it jump out in appearance. Also, depending on the product, it can get in creases.  I hate that on me. So I go au natural. 

Respected Contributor

No way! If I didn't camo, conceal and correct, I look like a Walking Dead extra.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield