Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone else decided to never get Botox again?

@Trudey,  I have never used Botox and never will but I do not knock anyone who uses it.  It is funny that you mentioned puffiness because I noticed that on Kris Jenner.  It is probably a side effect of the drug thus some women get puffy; some don't.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't like needles so count me out.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like you might be expecting too much.  Also, there's an art Botox injections some doctors are better at getting good results than others.  Also some women wait to long for the best results.  I've never had Botox or anything else but when I feel that I need something, I definitely will not hesitate.  

Trusted Contributor

No, I love Botox. I have it every 6 to 8 months by a plastic surgeon here in Las Vegas. I find that I do not need the injections as often anymore. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

No thank you.  Since I realize the body doesn't like to be cut nothing is going to happen to this old body like that until absolutely necessary.

Respected Contributor

I've never had negative results from botox.  It helps get rid of those fine lines in the eye area.  This is such a minor and easy procedure.  Not even noticeable to anyone else but me.  Fillers have been known to present a negative effect if not done properly.  I've had that around the mouth area with very good results.  Again, just a small amount so I can feel better wearing red lipstick.  It's all good, but I understand if some don't want to do it.  There is no bigger chicken than myself regarding needles, and I am able to handle this.  Of course, I have a great doc who knows how to reduce the pain.  It amazes her since she knows how I am about needles.  Yuck. 

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It sounds like you might be expecting too much.  Also, there's an art Botox injections some doctors are better at getting good results than others.  Also some women wait to long for the best results.  I've never had Botox or anything else but when I feel that I need something, I definitely will not hesitate.  

@chrystaltree I'm not sure why you think I'm expecting too much.  All I wanted was to lessen the appearance of fine lines on my forehead and improve my crows feet.  The heavy brow/lowered eyebrows which created saggy, creepy eyelids is not what I wanted.  I tried different doctors and got the same result every time...even when they avoided the area right above my brows.  I am just one of those people who does not get good results with Botox.  Believe me, if I didn't get the whole drooped eyebrow effect, I'd have it done again in a minute.

Honored Contributor

I always thought I was pretty vain but I guess not. I just can't understand why a woman would opt to diminish our age lines? One poster boasts that she gets botox and exercise and life is good. Umm why can't your life still be "good" if you don't alter your face? Growing old gracefully should be the goal of todays everday woman, not disfiguring themselves. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2- I do understand why some women would opt to diminish their age lines.  I never have and never will get botox, but I do understand why some do.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I always thought I was pretty vain but I guess not. I just can't understand why a woman would opt to diminish our age lines? One poster boasts that she gets botox and exercise and life is good. Umm why can't your life still be "good" if you don't alter your face? Growing old gracefully should be the goal of todays everday woman, not disfiguring themselves. 

I could have not said it better!!!!!! Also, for those who delude themselves to think they simply look 'well rested and better" afterwards.....sorry, you look like you've had something done. No one looks natural after altering themselves no matter how much you tell yurself you do.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown