Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone bought the Don Aslett toilet swabs lately?

@Dreamchaser wrote:

Nightowlz.....yes, 1-3 months, is absolutely ridiculous! That's awesome that your DH made a special place for you to store your cleaning tools! 

The model numbers on Amazon are different because they are actually 2 different companies.  Fuller Brush and Fuller Commercial (obviously a wannabe/and pretending to be Fuller Brush company).  

Looks like you and I might have gotten the same one.  But you got yours directly from Fuller Brush and I got mine from Fuller Brush on Amazon.  I received it on August 13. I don't know what the exact item# was on my receipt because I shredded the receipt when I received it.  When I said 178N, I was just going by the product description on Amazon.    

I've already tried it out.  Since you got yours almost a couple of years ago and directly from FB, it's hard to say if the one I have is of the same quality as yours.  

I just know that my mophead is very small.  It definitely looks smaller than the ones in the picture on QVC.  For example, I measured one of the acrylic strings and it was about 1 3/4" and it's not very full at all.  It's tolerable for me.  It's just such a skimpy mophead, especially compared to the old Don Aslett ones.  

Thanks for telling me about the brush holder on the Fuller website.  I will have to call them and ask the dimensions because they don't have it listed on the site.  I measured my space between the toilet and the wall and there is only 4.5".  The Don Aslett holder fits fine though.  

There is another option for me to try.  Amazon has another product that looks like a copy of the Don Aslett one.  The item is called (IMPACT 3600 Cone Bowl Mop, 13#, White).  There are only 6 customer reivews but they are good.  It's only $4.74.  Not elligible for prime but checkout shows that I would get it in 3-5 business days.  I might as well try it.  If it doesn't work out, at least I'm only out less than 5 bucks.  

If you're interested, I'll let you know how the quality of that one is when I receive it.  

Thanks again for your help, I sure do appreciate it! Smiley Happy 

I guess that must be a different toilet brush or they have made a change in them. The brush head on mine is 2 1/2" long & about 2 1/4" wide. I ordered from fuller.com Is this the site you looked at online? It shows 15" long but no other measurements. I also saw another toilet brush on their site that's Constructed of chemical-resistant ThermoPlastic Rubber (TPR) for $13.99. I may order one of these when I place an order. I need to find out if the other toilet brush measurements is the same as the one I have. Guess companies make changes but don't change the picture they use?

untitled.png

Valued Contributor

I purchased my first set back in the beginning of the Summer.  I cannot believe how well this product works.  I have well water and always had a black ring in my toilet.

I only need to use once a month - if even.  Its an awesome product.  I was concerned right from the start about the bacteria in these swabs.  How do you clean/sanitize?  I would like to see these being disposable.

The fibers on this brush are not like a mophead.  Just fiber-like.

Regular Contributor

Nightowlz, they are kind of hard to measure but I would say that mine is probably about the same size as yours.  

Fuller.com is the site that I looked at online.  The rubber brush looks interesting.  If you end up getting it, let me know how it works out for you.  

Regular Contributor

disneynut57 - Are you talking about the Don Aslett set?  

All that I do to clean mine is to rinse it thoroughly in the clean toilet water after the bowl has been cleaned, squeeze out the excess water and then let the swab air dry.  

You could also throw some more toilet cleaner/bleach/vinegar or whatever into the toilet when you rinse the swab and even let it soak in there for a while. Or soak it with cleaner in a bucket.  

Honored Contributor

They make SUPERB exfolliants, and great for hairless pets, too!

Your armadillo will thank you!!!!!