Regular Contributor

Has anyone bought the Don Aslett toilet swabs lately?

I love the old ones that I bought but I threw them out so I could replace them.    

Some of the reviews on the Don Aslett website are not good at all.    

The new ones have reviews of being very skimpy compared to the old ones and the mop heap turns round and round.  

There are no reviews for the replacement swabs on QVC so that tells me that the ones on QVC are also a new version.  

After I read the bad reviews, I ordered a somewhat similar product on Amazon and I don't like it at all.  It's not the same type of material and the handle is so long that it doesn't even fit behind the toilet.   

This is so frustrating.  Has anyone bought them from QVC recently and had good luck with them?  

Re: Has anyone bought the Don Aslett toilet swabs lately?

CogniMaxx XL may well be a dietary supplement, that's meant to boost the memory victimization the flexibility. as a result of the memory vitamins,surely boost the mind stability and utility If you bought it, flaunt it." . I actually have many loose screws, do not you think? That tells Maine that there's not hope for you. If you'd wish to learn in relevance Cognimaxx XL.

Brows here for detail___

http://healthsupplementcare.com/cognimaxx-xl

Honored Contributor

No, but you might get more responses if you post this question in the Home forum. I don't really think of toilet swabs when I head to the Beauty forum.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The last one I got was also skimpy & broke. I bought a new one from Fuller Brush almost 2 yrs ago. It's made a lot better. The brush part looks like heavy duty mop head. It's 100% acrylic. Hope they don't stop making these.  Q has a set of 2 item# M103602 $17.99 plus $3 shipping. They also have them on Amazon for $8.34 with free shipping on $35.

Fuller Brush Bowl Swabs - Set of 2

Regular Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

The last one I got was also skimpy & broke. I bought a new one from Fuller Brush almost 2 yrs ago. It's made a lot better. The brush part looks like heavy duty mop head. It's 100% acrylic. Hope they don't stop making these.  Q has a set of 2 item# M103602 $17.99 plus $3 shipping. They also have them on Amazon for $8.34 with free shipping on $35.

Fuller Brush Bowl Swabs - Set of 2

Oh Nightowlz, thank you for posting. That's exactly the info I was looking for! I really hate to hear that your last Don Aslett one broke. But now I know for sure to not try buying it again.  

OK, I the one I bought on Amazon that I don't like is just like yours. But the one that you got that is $8.34, with free prime shipping, currently says that it doesn't ship for one to three months.  The item # is 2968.  

So I got one on Amazon that looks identical to it. Mine is item #178N and it was $8.56 + 4.99 shipping + 70 cents for tax.  The grand total was $10.67 and it shipped immediately.

The "mophead" is much skimpier than the Don Aslett which I don't like but I can get used to that part.  

What I hate the most is that I am storing it in my old brush stand that came with the Don Aslett brush, and since the handle on this one is 15" long, it doesn't fit behind the toilet which is very annoying.   

How do you store yours?  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hard to know for sure but from the looks of the picture of QVC M103602, it seems like like maybe the mophead is considerably larger than the one I got on Amazon. 

But it doesn't look like the QVC ones have the hole in the top. I am reading that some people are storing them by hanging them with a hook on the side of the toilet. 

I would love to hear storage ideas for the QVC brushes! 

Respected Contributor

ChynnaBlue, I love your comment!

I have to admit I clicked onto this thread to see what outrageous beauty tip it might contain.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know why I clicked into this thread, but Nightowlz, thanks for posting about the Fuller Brush bowl scrubbers.  I love the Don Aslett cleaner for the task of toilet bowl cleaning, but never liked his brush.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazyangel64 wrote:

Hard to know for sure but from the looks of the picture of QVC M103602, it seems like like maybe the mophead is considerably larger than the one I got on Amazon. 

But it doesn't look like the QVC ones have the hole in the top. I am reading that some people are storing them by hanging them with a hook on the side of the toilet. 

I would love to hear storage ideas for the QVC brushes! 

I did not realize the one brush would not ship for 1-3 months. That's ridiculous. Wonder why their item# is different? Mine looks just like the ones from Q. They do have a hole at the top for easy hanging. Fuller also makes a brush holder. I store mine in the garage. DH nailed a piece of baseboard to the wall & put nails on it. I have the toilet brush, brooms, mop, dusters, etc hanging on it. The brush I ordered was #178. This is what is on my receipt. No letter N after 178. I looked on Fuller.com & they only show one toilet brush like this so hopefully the one from Amazon is the same. Let me know when you receive it if it looks like the ones from Q or if the brush is smaller. The pic on Amazon does make it look smaller.

Regular Contributor

Nightowlz.....yes, 1-3 months, is absolutely ridiculous! That's awesome that your DH made a special place for you to store your cleaning tools! 

The model numbers on Amazon are different because they are actually 2 different companies.  Fuller Brush and Fuller Commercial (obviously a wannabe/and pretending to be Fuller Brush company).  

Looks like you and I might have gotten the same one.  But you got yours directly from Fuller Brush and I got mine from Fuller Brush on Amazon.  I received it on August 13. I don't know what the exact item# was on my receipt because I shredded the receipt when I received it.  When I said 178N, I was just going by the product description on Amazon.    

I've already tried it out.  Since you got yours almost a couple of years ago and directly from FB, it's hard to say if the one I have is of the same quality as yours.  

I just know that my mophead is very small.  It definitely looks smaller than the ones in the picture on QVC.  For example, I measured one of the acrylic strings and it was about 1 3/4" and it's not very full at all.  It's tolerable for me.  It's just such a skimpy mophead, especially compared to the old Don Aslett ones.  

Thanks for telling me about the brush holder on the Fuller website.  I will have to call them and ask the dimensions because they don't have it listed on the site.  I measured my space between the toilet and the wall and there is only 4.5".  The Don Aslett holder fits fine though.  

There is another option for me to try.  Amazon has another product that looks like a copy of the Don Aslett one.  The item is called (IMPACT 3600 Cone Bowl Mop, 13#, White).  There are only 6 customer reivews but they are good.  It's only $4.74.  Not elligible for prime but checkout shows that I would get it in 3-5 business days.  I might as well try it.  If it doesn't work out, at least I'm only out less than 5 bucks.  

If you're interested, I'll let you know how the quality of that one is when I receive it.  

Thanks again for your help, I sure do appreciate it! Smiley Happy