Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone been back to the salon?

My haircut appt. is this coming Sat.  I can hardly wait.  My last haircut was in January.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Tomorrow 1:00pm. So excited. Haven't been since Feb. Looking like a wild thing.

Esteemed Contributor

I reeeeally need a haircut!!  But choose to not go to a salon right now.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

The salons opened a few weeks ago in my state.

I was to have had an appt with the person I have been going to next week.

I received an email stating that she was moving to a new location next week and well it would be quite the hike for me. So I guess I will have to either drive about an hour or find a salon near me that I like.

Oh well.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I waited until the salon adhered to the CDC's guidelines and our state's great requirements, including required masks of everyone; plexiglass partitions; only X number of people in the salon at one time, spaced very far apart; and zero hairdryers in use. (In fact, the salon owner who is my stylist, told me that she physically removed all hairdryers from all stations as her first step to following the Covid mandates.  So great!) 

Honored Contributor

Ours opened mid-May in my state.  I was under the impression they would call us to re-schedule our appointments so didn't rush to call them.  I knew they would probably booked up with color appointments and since I do my own color and wasn't hating my longer hair I wasn't in a big rush.  She called me a week or so ago and I got in right away.  I only get a wet hair cut and then she gives me a station to dry my hair.  Normally, that would free her up to get another client in, but it appeared she and her trainee were getting ready to go to lunch.  

Occasional Contributor

My sister in Low opened his parlour from the last 2 weeks, wearing mask, gloves, complete salon suite and one stylist. all proper clean and hygienic. totally comfortable but only acquaintances and shutter down completely. You have to do something to earn it.

Honored Contributor

No. I'm not comfortable doing so and probably won't be comfortable as long as this virus is not plateaued or decreasing.

I actually don't mind the length of my hair and can deal with the roots. Truth be told, my main activity is exercise walking, and I don't need to impress those around me. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

@suzyQ3 - I am with you!  I am letting my hair grow because I wanted to be able to get it into a stubby ponytail to walk in the heat and humidity!  I have managed my gray roots with a monthly application of Root Touchup.  I also have not been to a salon yet because I retired/moved and need to find one.  Without seeing many people during this time, I'd rather save my money and wait until the virus here decreases.  

Honored Contributor

@msgb wrote:

The salons opened a few weeks ago in my state.

I was to have had an appt with the person I have been going to next week.

I received an email stating that she was moving to a new location next week and well it would be quite the hike for me. So I guess I will have to either drive about an hour or find a salon near me that I like.

Oh well.

I drive an hour into town for all my beauty appts. - hair, nails, waxing.  No one near me is worth a hoot.  If I'm going to spend my hard-earned money on professioanl services, I'm going to where the talent is.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.