Respected Contributor

Has Wen clogged your shower drain?

I've been using Wen for several months and I noticed my shower drain needed Drano Max Gel more frequently than ever before.

Then I tried Kids' Wen and the drain was totally clogged when I took my shower the next day.

Anyone?

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
New Contributor

Re: Has Wen clogged your shower drain?

Yes, I have realized that it is Wen that is clogging my bathroom drain.

Respected Contributor

I've used WEN for many years.  Never have had a clogged drain.  Then again prior to using WEN I used a LOT of conditioner for my dry, curly locks.  That never clogged my drain either.  

(to be honest, I can't imagine how it would unless your pipes are older and narrow?)

Trusted Contributor

@Sheribilly wrote:

Yes, I have realized that it is Wen that is clogging my bathroom drain.

Here we go again.........

You had to search for old threads.......from 2012, to find a way to complain about a product??!! That's a shame.

For the record (and I just posted this same thing on the other old thread that you found), I consistently use Wen in three different homes and have never had a problem with clogged pipes.

Do I believe Wen is a one-size-fits-all product that works perfectly for everyone? Absolutely not! But, I think it's ridiculous that someone feels the need to resurrect old threads to try to bash a product (or it's creator). You don't like Wen? Fine......don't use the product and move on with your life😄

Respected Contributor

I used wen breifly in 2012 exclusively for about 3 months and stopped. ( now i mainly just use oils  and styling products)   and I had an issue of it accumulating at the drain (gross)  but I found the cause was because I was useing too much.  I cut back on it and the problem went away.  I find  with most conditioners of any brand that if i use too much  it cloggs the drain.

Respected Contributor

No, I don't have an issue.

I've been using WEN since it first was offered at QVC. No problem with clogged drains.

I have longer, very thick hair and I do use a screen on the drain to catch any hair that comes out when I wash it.  It's normal for me to lose 20 or so hair strands when I cleanse.

Before I used WEN I used regular conditioner to cleanse and I didn't have a problem then either.

~Enough is enough~