Valued Contributor

Has Tarte always had products made in china?

I have started to notice more often where things are made.  The newest palette on QVC is made in china.  I feel like that is happening more with Tarte since they were purchased.

Respected Contributor

Re: Has Tarte always had products made in china?

I don't buy most anything, especially cosmetics made in China.  The only way I can show my disatisfaction is to not buy. 

Trusted Contributor

I can't be sure but it appears to me more and more Q products are made in China.  It makes me wonder if that has happened because there is now a Q in China.  I have mentioned before that I wonder if QVC actually buys the designs they like and them the designer has a contract to sell and they get a percentage of the sales.   About the time the China channel appeared quality of dependable designers went down hill.   Strange that it would happen to so many at a time.  Also designers have often said that the product is shipped directly to Q.  They said that they have to get in line to buy their own products.  How many times have they ask a spouse to "quick buy this for me before it sells out".  That could be s sales gimmick but most I take at their word.

New Contributor

we all need to protest about things being listed as imported and not giving exact information seems like even diamoniqe has been moved to china

Respected Contributor

I have 3 Tarte blushes bought yrs. ago. I will use them up but won't re-repurchase

Valued Contributor

After Maureen sold her company Tarte products started beng made in China.Same thing happened with Smashbox.Sad thing is thousands of Chinese factories and stores are now in Italy.They can label their products made in Italy, even if the standards are different.

Some IT items are made in China too.

Regular Contributor

I am always reading labels and avoiding personal care items made in China. The owner of Nudestix Cosmetics (it's a lady that used to be with MAC Cosmetics and left to create her own company with her two teenage daughters as spokespersons- they've been on QVC), recently posted on social media a short video explaining her decision to move production of her products to China, where she wants to expand sales of her line. Part of that decision, she mentioned, was the fact that if products are made in China they do not need to undergo animal testing, whereas if they were made elsewhere and sold in China, they might need to be tested on animals. Perhaps this is the way some companies might start to get around the selling in China but not doing animal testing: make your products in China to begin with. It's a personal decision. Some people do not care where their products are made, others do. 

Valued Contributor

@Bibione wrote:

After Maureen sold her company Tarte products started beng made in China.Same thing happened with Smashbox.Sad thing is thousands of Chinese factories and stores are now in Italy.They can label their products made in Italy, even if the standards are different.

Some IT items are made in China too.

What every happened to Maureen.  I loved her presentations.  Did she just retire to raise her family?

Regular Contributor

Here is the video if you want to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/nstix/videos/505003876290236/

Honored Contributor

Most of these cosmetic companies do.  Cheap labor.  Bobbi Brown (when she owned her co.) had her cosmetics made in Canada which makes more sense to me.  America and Canada should trade off as much as possible since we are so close and Mexico too.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength