Respected Contributor

Re: Has Sephora gone downhill or is it just my luck?

@mom2four

That is too funny! In my last 2 orders I got 3 samples of the same awful perfume.  So now I have 6 samples of the same perfume!!  

Valued Contributor

ITA, Sephora has really gone way downhill in the past year. 

Constant order problems and then customer service takes over a week for anyone to reply. 

Their 'rewards' system is also awful.  You get points for spending money but there is never anything worth cashing them in for.  

I have moved to buying more and more from Ulta when it comes to beauty.  Too bad shipping here at the Q makes it more expensive to buy here... 

Honored Contributor

We have a store nearby and I wouldn't consider going in it.  Too many dirty people poking around in things and opening boxes.  Just gives me the creeps to look in.  

They are in there digging around in the shelves and smearing stuff on their faces. . . no way!  Woman Surprised

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of the link to a retail site.

Esteemed Contributor

A family friend has been in the cosmetics industry for decades. He told me that Ulta has been giving Sephora serious competition. It looks like Sephora may not win this competition if they continue some of the practices mentioned here.

Respected Contributor

I went from Rouge status to the lowest status this year based on my purchases. I'm finding a much better experience with ULTA. I've got $33 in store credit, a birthday month gift and a 20%off everything coupon to spend when I go this week.  Sephora just can't touch those perks right now.

Regular Contributor

I stopped shopping at Sephora several years ago when I realized how dirty the local store was. Same with Ulta. Also, it seemed that that products that were not testers,  were opened and used as a tester., making me wonder about the poor person who orders that item  and receives an item that has clearly been used and even has foundation fingerprints on it!

I have good experiences with Macy's and Nordstrom and with the direct company websites. I am happy with those and get rewards and samples and gifts with purchase, and clean, unused items!

Respected Contributor

I like Sephora.  I have not had any problems with their products or shipping.

Respected Contributor

Just opened my Sephora order.  For the first time I did not get my three samples. It wouldn't be a big deal if they did not have that option of choosing your samples at check out.  I find it hard to believe that they were completely out of samples.

I also spent 100 points to get a free item and I did not get that.  I noticed that gift was not listed when I got the shipping e-mail.  They didn't charge me any points but I should have gotten some statement stating they were out of stock or something.  

I usually don't have a problem.  Maybe it is the Christmas rush.

Trusted Contributor

@depglass  Earlier this month I was on the sephora website  as  I do not get to get out much at this time. I was looking for some name brand products they use to always carry.

Not only did they not carry the product but no longer stocked items from  those particular companies. I thought the same thing, they must be declining. Sad.