Respected Contributor

Has Sephora gone downhill or is it just my luck?

Sephora used to be one of my favorite stores and lately, I find myself dreading to deal with them.

• Slow shipping (very slow)
  • Damaged items
  • Used items
  • In store sales people - clueless
  • Customer service for online orders awful

2 of my orders this year had problems with some very expensive items, contacting customer service is either by phone (15 min hold time) or email--response for emails is a auto-generated response 4 days later!!!

I find myself now shopping at Nordstroms or directly with the company online.  Most cosmetic companies have GREAT sales and lots of free samples.

I have shopped with Sephora since the 1999, sad to see the progression......

Valued Contributor

Re: Has Sephora gone downhill or is it just my luck?

Their shipping have went way down hill. Rarely is ever receive any samples I select, sometime receive no samples. I'm a rouge and shipping takes longer than the 3 days they advertise.  Also their phone lines the person you call rarely knows anything about the product, even if you call the so called Rouge "concierge" number .I'm shopping at ULTA mostly this coming year and MAC, and if I need to go to a counter nothing still beats Nordroms for their service. Also all 3 have much better rewards. 

Respected Contributor

I used to love shopping with Sephora. But I stopped about 2 years ago because of issues. Now I purchase anywhere else, including Bergdorf & Nordstrom. Places like Demstore, Skinstore, Ariva & a few others have 20%-30% coupons off several times a year. 

Sephora's free shipping service is now ONTRAC, which like Amazon's delivery service, it's bottom of the barrel. I don't participate in any Sephora offers anymore. 

Honored Contributor

I rarely if ever order from Sephora because there are so many stores around.  I wonder if the downhill/slow shipping started when they offered the free s/h program you pay for?

Esteemed Contributor

My recent order included a makeup bag full of samples (I found a code on ebates).  "Sephora" was printed on the makeup bag...sort of.  The print is messed up, and even though it was free, it's a little odd to me that a store which sells high end merchandise would let something like this ship.

Worse than that, I ordered a travel brush set, and the faux leather case has a pen mark on it.  Not sure how I'm going to get that off, but come on...really Sephora???

I also never received the 3 samples I selected at checkout.

I hadn't ordered from Sephora in a few years.  But this order was kind of a big deal to me, because it was a reward I was giving myself for following through on some things that were really challenging for me. 

I figured they just didn't care that much about my order because I rarely order from them.  Guess that wasn't it.  It sounds like they just suck now.  

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I guess that I'm lucky, I have no complaints about Sephora, and the 10.00 I spent to insure free shipping was money well spent.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

I have not shopped at Sephora in a long time. Their sales gimmicks were tiring (items not in stock during big sales, etc.). It was not worth the hassle.

Macy's offers free shipping on cosmetics, so if I order anything, I go through them (and sometimes their coupons will work on some items). I also shop Ulta.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel Try a Q Tip with rubbing alcohol first on the plastique. If that doesn’t remove it, search google for another solution to use. Maybe even some liquid eyeshadow remover might work?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

My entire VIB order was cancelled. It took weeks before they let me know. What I ordered was IT bye bye redness and Clinique lipstick Nothing special.

In stock items.

This year I have had the best luck with Macys. Very prompt shipping. Nordstrom, also.

Honored Contributor

There are at least 3 or 4 stores that I can drive to here and they are all fine 

I would never order from them