Honored Contributor

Has LG Balance-n-Brighten Changed?

I realize Laura Geller has added more shades to the Balance-N-Brighten foundation, but I'm asking about something different.  I've used this foundation in Deep for nearly two years.  Nothing but Deep. However, the latest one is decidedly lighter, and leaves my complexion a bit ashy looking.  The color correction swerves to the lighter colors.  I will no longer use it.

Has anyone had their BnB, in their same shade (whatever it is) change?  Is it the luck of the baked swirl that controls what color will dominate? I never had this problem before.

Honored Contributor

Re: Has LG Balance-n-Brighten Changed?

Just yesterday I wondered the same thing. I've been wearing medium in this for years, but my last purchase looks too orange now.

I also noticed that it has a lot of loose powder flying around when I use it, which it didn't do before. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

AM Style, Laura Demo balance and bronze. Ooploopa! 😄
Frequent Contributor

Recently I purchased the extra large sized balance and brighten. I was amazed st the result! My face looked powdery and not st all like usual. I checked the ingredient list from the large size compared to the normal size. Sure enough. They were not identical. I tried returned it promptly and went back to the regular size compact.
Honored Contributor

Tried BB once, Small compact. Wasn't until looked in mirror outside! Omy! Glitter and powdery. Returned immediately! Personally do not care for talc on my face.
Respected Contributor

Since  it's a mixture of difference colors, I'm not sure how you could expect to get the same exact color each time - sometimes more light colors, sometimes more yellows, sometimes more deep colors - good luck.

Super Contributor

I think so! I got the large compact in light and it looked so orange! I felt like an OompaLoompa! Needless to say, it went back pretty quickly. 

Esteemed Contributor

I thought her company or part of it was sold last year. Usually when that happens they start changing the packaging and the formulas. I noticed that there was loose powder in the compact when I was using my B&B which I did not notice before. I thought it had a hint of powder cast on my face but nothing that would stop me from using it right now. I did not notice a change in color but it did look a bit differenct in the compact with the color swirls. (I wear the light/porcelin) I did notice a slight change in the coverage but that was easily corrected with a second swipe all over my face.

Honored Contributor

I see your point @hoosieroriginal, but I do not agree with it.  Balance n Brighten is supposedly made and sold as a color-correcting foundation.  If it color corrects my complexion, it should first color correct itself first.  With the different combination of colors, they must be able to provide an end result that delivers the same consistent foundation shade, not something so entirely different.  I have used it for nearly 2 years with no problem at all.  In fact, it was my favorite foundation.  This last one is not usable at all for me.  

I'm past the 30-day return policy, otherwise not only would I return it, I would ask them to not charge me a return fee.  That's how different it is.  

Trusted Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I thought her company or part of it was sold last year. Usually when that happens they start changing the packaging and the formulas. I noticed that there was loose powder in the compact when I was using my B&B which I did not notice before. I thought it had a hint of powder cast on my face but nothing that would stop me from using it right now. I did not notice a change in color but it did look a bit differenct in the compact with the color swirls. (I wear the light/porcelin) I did notice a slight change in the coverage but that was easily corrected with a second swipe all over my face.

Oh why do they sell out?!!!!

Money...that's it lol.

I know I would if I were in the biz and a great deal was had!.

BUT if I did that, I'd insist since my name is on it the quality would be the same.

Many things in Bobbi's line are dc'd now ..and changing so fast it makes me angry.

Many things get cheaper when they are bought out in my humble opinion

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky