Regular Contributor

Has Josie's body butter changed

Apologies if this topic has been doscussed, but i recently received a body butter duo called wild pear and it's not the same consistency of her body butter. Very thick and hard to spread. Has anyone else experienced this and has she changed her formula? Thanks
Occasional Contributor

Re: Has Josie's body butter changed

Yes I experienced the same thing, seemed very thick and left my skin feeling tacky and sticky not smooth definitely not the same body butter.

I use the unscented.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JohGlo  @mimibarb 

Is it in the new tub with a pump or the squeeze tube? I haven't bought butter since last year.  I only buy the tubs w/o the pump. I stocked up on the unscented. It has never turned on me when I've done this; keeping it in a cool, dark closet.

I wasn't feeling the pump she was presenting, in her last TSV appearance.

My experience in the past has been the scented butters seem a bit more loose than the unscented.

I hope the consistency hasn't changed. I absolutely love her Body Butter...so much that I use it on my face.

If it ain't broke... well you know.

Regular Contributor

No mine is in the normal container not a pump or tube
Respected Contributor

The last Josie body butter I purchased was about 6 months ago. The pure retinol in grapefruit scent.  I use it as my facial moisturizer because it's so much bigger than the little 1 to 2 oz facial moisturizers you usually purchase.  I love it on my face. Tempted to slather it on my body, but I specifically purchased it for my face so it would last a while. 

The consistency is as usual. The thing is, you need very very little of the body butter for your body. I think sometimes folks use too much. Yes, she overdoes it on her presentations but I would say that's done as advertising.  For my face and neck, I use less than the size of a dime. Love it 🥰 

Respected Contributor

@bmorechick  You just gave me a great idea. I usually use the regular on my face but I'm going to give this a try. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS  yeah works for me. I just sterilize a smaller face cream jar and use a plastic spoon to dip what I need out of the larger container into the smaller one. That way, I don't keep sticking my fingers into the big jar since it's gonna be around for a little while.