Trusted Contributor

Re: Has Josie Maran sold her company?

@JohGlo wrote:
Unfortunately having looked through all of the answers to thr questions I NEVER SAW ANY RESPONSE from Josie or her company. I did read a complaint that QVC shutdown the thread about COMFREY

It won't let me upload a screenshot but the response IS there under Q&A. 

Answers

Thank you to those who brought it to other customers attention about comfrey as a possibly toxic ingredient. That made me look it up to find out what I could about it and have to agree it made me very concerned. Concerned enough to email Josie's company. Below is the response I received. It made me feel a little better about it, but I still have my doubts and not sure I will continue to use the body butter. I wanted to share the answer I got so other customers can make their own decision....
"We include a small amount of Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract in our Body Butter formulations because of its topical benefits.

Overall, the small amount of comfrey leaf extract in our Body Butter is beneficial; in synergy with other natural extracts, it helps to moisturize and soothe dry irritated skin, contributes to skin renewal, and supports a healthy skin barrier.

The substances of concern in comfrey are called pyrrolizidine alkaloids. The primary concern with pyrrolizidine alkaloids is potential toxicity from ingestion of large amounts over time. Pyrrolizidine alkaloids are present in greater concentration in the comfrey root than the comfrey leaf.

Body Butter is applied to the skin, not ingested.

We’ve done multiple toxicological assessments, safety assessments, as well as patch testing on our Body Butter formulas, and there have been no concerns regarding toxicity or irritancy. Our safety assessors determined none of the ingredients are known to contain any impurities or residues at levels that would be toxic, corrosive, irritating to the skin, eyes or mucous membranes, or cause a sensitization reaction in a consumer.

However, if you continue to be unhappy with the product in any way, or have any concerns regarding any ingredient in our products, we welcome you to consult your doctor or dermatologist directly to determine whether or not the product is a good fit for you and your own individual needs."
Answered 5 days ago

We are just ladies who love beauty. So again, if you have questions or concerns you should be talking to Josie’s company or your doctor. 
Super Contributor

This Friday I got a message that Josie will be live from her website. Maybe she will thank Lucienne then.
Trusted Contributor

@Bellini13 wrote:
This Friday I got a message that Josie will be live from her website. Maybe she will thank Lucienne then.

I would be very surprised if she did. In general, companies don't usually comment on former employees. 

Esteemed Contributor

Why not. Philosophy, Bare Minerals, Tarte, It all did too.  I only use Josie's & Korres for body butter.

Regular Contributor

KKlim,  When you get Blissful Beach please give a review of the scent? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Hi..@turquoise blue… Sure !🙂
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Luciene is no longer the brand rep with Josie.  

Marissa is Josie's new brand rep, starting tonight in Jane Treacy's show.  Josie introduced Marissa and said she had been working with Josie for a while and will now also be on air.

Many will recognize Marissa from her years of being a brand rep for It Cosmetics.  She's very tall (like 6' tall), and brunette, if that jogs your memory at all.

Respected Contributor

I tuned into the Josie Maran show tonite and Marissa Pawlowski is presenting the line . Wow- Lucienne’s replacement. Smh. That was quick. Josie is acting like Lucienne never existed.
Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
I tuned into the Josie Maran show tonite and Marissa Pawlowski is presenting the line . Wow- Lucienne’s replacement. Smh. That was quick. Josie is acting like Lucienne never existed.

@KKlim  Yep.  That relatively new opening video Josie had for all her shows that showcased her and Luciene was just a couple of months old.  They got rid of that too. 

Respected Contributor

Hi.. @ caaareful shopper..sorry, I saw your post once I posted. We must have been typing the same time. Lol . Wow. I know business is business, but I don’t care for Marissa and Josie maybe should have thought about giving a nice nod to Lucienne the past couple times Josie was on. Shrewd.