Honored Contributor

Re: Has Josie Maran sold her company?

Josie's body butter is exceptional for my skin!  It gives me all day supple & beautiful skin with no need to ever re-apply during the day -- I can never say that for all the other creams I've ever tried.  I'm 62 and I have absolutely no crepey skin anywhere.  I love wearing my shorts and tank tops this time of year.

Trusted Contributor

@JohGlo wrote:
There are soooo many negative reviews about the last TSV and Lucienne was let go it seems something major is happening. I read an article where Josie said she would love and be honored if Estee Lauder or some other beauty brand bought her company.

Someone has drastically changed the body butter and this has gone on for quite sometime

It is NOT whipped argan oil anymore, there's a laundry list of additives along with COMFREY

These issues need to be addressed by QVC and JOSIE!

Actually, this was addressed by Josie’s team. The response is on the product reviews or questions. I am not sure what more you want from them since you don't seem to believe their answer. 

I also did a quick Google search and it seems Comfrey is in a lot of beauty products. I see it is in some of my Beekman products so it is not just Josie that is using it. 

Regular Contributor

MG Chris: I have not seen anything addressed by Josie or her company about the product not having so many additives and the change in consistency. She claims it is WHIPPED ARGAN OIL one simple ingredient. Their ingredient deck has a lot of other ingredients. Please post the response here. Thanks so much
Trusted Contributor

@JohGlo wrote:
MG Chris: I have not seen anything addressed by Josie or her company about the product not having so many additives and the change in consistency. She claims it is WHIPPED ARGAN OIL one simple ingredient. Their ingredient deck has a lot of other ingredients. Please post the response here. Thanks so much

It is there you will have to look for it. I really don't care enough to spend the time looking. I like Josie’s products and have no issues with her or her company so I have no dog in this fight. 

Honored Contributor

Her body butter is not 100% argan oil. From her website the ingredients are shown as:

Water (Aqua)**, Argania Spinosa Kernel (Argan) Oil*, Glyceryl Stearate**, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate**, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Unsaponifiables**, Glycerin**, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil**, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice*, Beta-Carotene**, Squalane**, Polysorbate-60, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil**, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract**, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract**, Allantoin**, Panthenol**, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Flower Extract**, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract**.

Regular Contributor

I did look for it, it isn't there. Obviously it doesn't exist!!!
Regular Contributor

If this was addressed by Josie or her team would someone please post it here because i cannot find it
Thanks in advance!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JohGlo wrote:
I did look for it, but it isn't there. Obviously it doesn't exist!!!

It is there. You may have to spend a couple of minutes looking through the questions. It is in the answers. Like I said I have no dog in this fight. I am just a girl who hangs on a beauty board that gets distracted by the next shiny object. I use and love Josie's products. If you have an issue you should probably take it up with her and her company or as her team recommend your doctor if you are that concerned. 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Her body butter is not 100% argan oil. From her website the ingredients are shown as:

Water (Aqua)**, Argania Spinosa Kernel (Argan) Oil*, Glyceryl Stearate**, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate**, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Unsaponifiables**, Glycerin**, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil**, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice*, Beta-Carotene**, Squalane**, Polysorbate-60, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil**, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract**, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract**, Allantoin**, Panthenol**, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Flower Extract**, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract**.

I know you have a science background. Is it even possible to whip argon oil without the added ingredients? 

Honored Contributor

I've heard her mention the "one ingredient" many times.   Some of the things she says are misleading.