Regular Contributor

Has Josie Maran sold her company?

There are soooo many negative reviews about the last TSV and Lucienne was let go it seems something major is happening. I read an article where Josie said she would love and be honored if Estee Lauder or some other beauty brand bought her company.

Someone has drastically changed the body butter and this has gone on for quite sometime

It is NOT whipped argan oil anymore, there's a laundry list of additives along with COMFREY

These issues need to be addressed by QVC and JOSIE!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Has Josie Maran sold her company?

I personally believe her products went downhill a long time ago. I purchased the body butter many years ago, when she first came on to the Q. I liked it. Thereafter, I would purchase every TSV. I realized I did not like it any more. It became a greasy mess. I don't know what happened, if ingredients were added or deleted but regardless, I found her newer products inferior to the originals. 

Super Contributor

I have not purchased any JM recently but I do/did love the products.  If the products are not clean and if this information is true, I am truly sad.  I really hate when this happens....when i do love and use a product or item and then they change it or sell the company or........ this also happened when Bare Minerals was sold IMO 

Frequent Contributor

@JohGlo   When was it announced that Lucienne was let go? I just saw her a few days ago for a Josie show. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apparently true that Lucienne has left Josie.  Her Instagram post yesterday:

Oh what a joyful ride it’s been!! They say you just know when it’s time to move on…when the chapter has been really great but it’s time to turn the page and begin a new one. The past 5 years with josie maran have been some of the best ones in my career, and now it’s time for a whole new adventure. Can’t wait to see what this Plot Twist will bring… the new people I will meet and the exciting places I will see… thank you

Respected Contributor

Ditto @cjm61 :  I haven't ordered any of her stuff in over two years because it just wasn't the same and prices went up for crummy products.

Respected Contributor

So what's the issue regarding comfrey in her products? What's bad about it?

Honored Contributor

I predict she's going to sell the company and ride off into the sunset like the others.

Honored Contributor

I picked up that whipped argan oil body butter a year or 2 ago at Sephora and it was not just argan oil.  It had a full ingredient deck.  But, she was still saying on her presentations that it was simply argan oil that they had wipped up, like they used a Kitchenaid mixer on it or something.  I consider that false advertising.  I have nothing against ingredients and I don't buy "clean", but the reps should be honest about what it is.  I didn't find it greasy, but I also didn't find it particularly moisturizing either.  

Honored Contributor

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Josie is selling/sold her company.  That's the usual path.  Laura Geller, Lori Goldstein, Judith Ripka, Mally Beauty, Beekman 1802, and on & on.