Respected Contributor

Re: Has Anyone tried Raspberries & Cream?

On 5/17/2014 Patti67 said:Yes. The June 7th TSV will be:

(this is per Celery--I copied it from another thread. Thanks, Celery!)

Receive (1) 64-fl-oz shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath, (1) 32-fl-oz body lotion, (1) 16-fl-oz body spritz.

Choice of fresh cream, raspberries and cream, or apricots and cream.

$78.00 ($8.97 s/h)

You're welcome, Patti. :-)

(Hope you were able to get some nice goodies last week!)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

On 5/17/2014 i like celery said:
On 5/17/2014 Patti67 said:Yes. The June 7th TSV will be:

(this is per Celery--I copied it from another thread. Thanks, Celery!)

<p style="line-height: 16px; margin: 0px 0px 12px; word-wrap: break-word; outline: none; color: #434343; font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 0px; zoom: 1; font-size: 14px; background-color: #f2f2f2;"> <em>Receive (1) 64-fl-oz shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath, (1) 32-fl-oz body lotion, (1) 16-fl-oz body spritz.</em>

<p style="line-height: 16px; margin: 0px 0px 12px; word-wrap: break-word; outline: none; color: #434343; font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 0px; zoom: 1; font-size: 14px; background-color: #f2f2f2;"> <em>Choice of fresh cream, raspberries and cream, or apricots and cream.</em>

<p style="line-height: 16px; margin: 0px 0px 12px; word-wrap: break-word; outline: none; color: #434343; font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 0px; zoom: 1; font-size: 14px; background-color: #f2f2f2;"> $78.00 ($8.97 s/h)

<p style="line-height: 16px; margin: 0px 0px 12px; word-wrap: break-word; outline: none; color: #434343; font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 0px; zoom: 1; font-size: 14px; background-color: #f2f2f2;"> <br />

You're welcome, Patti. :-)

(Hope you were able to get some nice goodies last week!)

I was!!! Very happy! Thanks again!

Occasional Contributor

I have not tried the Raspberries and Cream scent, but like Icezeus, I'm thinking about taking a leap of faith for that TSV since I do not have that scent. I still have about 42 oz. of Fresh Cream shower gel and about 20 oz. of the lotion on standby plus about 4 oz of fresh cream perfume so I definitely don't need more of that right now (can always get in 6 mos. with auto D). I have an Apricots and Cream handsoap/handlotion set and I just would not want to get that in a kit like this - too fruity smelling.

I DO have a Raspberry Sorbet gel that is delicious - I took a bit of that, mixed it with Fresh Cream just now and ... it smelled very good. Good enough to take a chance on a 64 oz version. Maybe that is all this scent will be, a mix of those two. If so, I'm in luck.

On to the Order Screen I go!

Super Contributor

Try looking at A199994. It is the raspberries and cream duo from a while back and is no longer available. I ordered raspberries and cream and the fresh cream. I just checked and they have shipped already and will be here tomorrow!

Valued Contributor

I really like this in the summer. I am terrible at describing scents, but it really does smell like, well, Raspberries and Cream!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Sweet, but not cloying, IMO. I think I have a spritz left in this. And if I remember correctly I purchased this 2-3 years ago as a set from the Q, I think, along with a lotion.

Contributor

It has been a long time since I tested this, so I certainly can't give a description. As well as, it may have changed some, since the company was under different ownership.

The lotions and spritz of raspberries and creams first debut was joined with apricots and cream. (at least in brick and mortar, the q may have presented them somewhat separately.) 4 or 5 years ago.

I went to a nordstroms to check them both out. I applied some lotion on each arm. At first application I liked the apricot, and not really the raspberry. But, 30 minutes later, I did like the raspberry and hated the apricot- it soured on me. The apricot had a good following, but I couldn't make it work. I even tried with some samples later. Nope, not going to happen.

It is a lot of product to take a guess at. Between the 2, I would go raspberry only for my personal body chemistry with the lotion.

I suggest that if you get it home, wait a bit after application before you determine if you like your scent choice.

Super Contributor

Well, they arrived today. Raspberries and Cream reminded me of the smell of that cherry flavored cough syrup we used to have to use when we were kids (Vicks I think). Yuck. I couldn't get past that thought. Every time I smelled it that was all I could think of. It was very sweet and dried down to a very light scent; but I did not care for it at all. That one is boxed back up to go back already.

The Fresh cream is still being decided on but I like it so far. So far it doesn't smell like the sour milk I got last time. It is very faint, slightly sweet vanilla with a "cream" note to it. Not sure how to describe that cream note since cream really doesn't have much smell. I am still waiting to see if it turns on me. So far so good on that one.

Funny how I thought the raspberries and cream would be the hit and the fresh cream would be the dud and it turned out opposite.

Super Contributor

On 5/19/2014 ugabugaboo said:

Not sure how to describe that cream note since cream really doesn't have much smell.

Cats will disagree with you.

Contributor

I have only tried the raspberry and cream spritz but was not my favorite. It was too sweet and too berry and had an almost bubbly smell to it. I decided maybe I just was not a berry girl.. I will be passing up on the upcoming TSV. Wish they had done a set with a pina colada, vanilla coconut, sugar cookie or orange pineapple and I would have been all over that. Would love some philosophy summer sets with spritzes in those scents. But apricots and cream and raspberries and cream just do not entice me. Think I have had the raspberries and cream spritz for a long while and used very little of it as it just isn't me but it may appeal more to those who like berry scents.

Super Contributor

I used Apricots and Cream the first time it came out and loved it. In fact, when it got discontinued, I found a bunch at TJ Maxx and bought them all. It is a very nice summer scent and I find I like apricot scent much better than peach.

Raspberries and Cream came put around the same time or shortly after and even though I am a berry person, I didn't love it. Too sweet, I think.