Respected Contributor

Has Anyone received Sculptra injections?

I had a dermatologist's appt. last week and saw before and after photos of one of their patients who had received Sculptra injections.  The patient was an 80 year old woman and the after photo was amazing!  She looked at least 20 years or more younger and very natural.  Sculptra is natural collagen which causes the body to make more of its own, so one treatment is sufficient.  There are no further treatments required.  It is pricey, but add up the cost of all the serums, creams, etc. which have to be purchased regularly over the years and don't provide anywhere near the results of the Sculptra and it doesn't seem so bad. 

Has anyone had Sculptra or know of someone who has had it? 

Thanks for your comments! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Has Anyone received Sculptra injections?

I don't know but am following this discussion. Hopefully some people here have tried it. It sounds promising!

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

I had a dermatologist's appt. last week and saw before and after photos of one of their patients who had received Sculptra injections.  The patient was an 80 year old woman and the after photo was amazing!  She looked at least 20 years or more younger and very natural.  Sculptra is natural collagen which causes the body to make more of its own, so one treatment is sufficient.  There are no further treatments required.  It is pricey, but add up the cost of all the serums, creams, etc. which have to be purchased regularly over the years and don't provide anywhere near the results of the Sculptra and it doesn't seem so bad. 

Has anyone had Sculptra or know of someone who has had it? 

Thanks for your comments! 

@this is my nic  May I weigh in? Sculptra, since lasts a long time, is not reversible if you don’t like the results. Other fillers wear off in 4-6 months. I’d hesitate to inject an 80 yr. old woman, if for no other reason, deep wrinkles at 10AM...filled by 11AM would be more than noticeable. What about her neck & other areas that can’t be injected? Definite give away. 

If the surface of the skin has fine and deep wrinkles, only some can be addressed w/ fillers. It’s not a question of going to the doc looking 80 and coming out looking 60. Everyone would be lined up around the block for treatment. The photos had to retouched.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Scuptra requires injection by highly trained individuals. Then once injected the treatment has to be tightly monitored over a course of many months and sometimes years. That is why it is so costly. Not everyone is a candidate for this type of procedure and not very many derms wouldn't even know how to deal with it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
  1. About 10 years ago I had deep under eye grooves. I went to a really well known doctor in my area (known for fillers and injectables). She used Juvederm w Sculptura added and it lasted many, many years. It was a good decision. I do recommend if you can afford it! Of course, a lot has changed/ progressed in the field since then!  The recovery was very minimal-
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am an aesthetician and work in derms and plastic surgeons office where Sculptra is used along with other injectables.

Sculptra last 2-3 years. It is more expensive but it does last longer than other injectables. It is a synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) collagen stimulator, not collagen. It is a synthetic form of lactic acid, which is often used as topicals on skin to do the same thing, stimulate collagen production. It is a biocompatible and biodegradable substance which is gradually absorbed into the body. It stimulates collagen production and helps your body reproduce lost collagen. 

It is different from other injectables. Results aren't immediate and generally take 4-6 months for a variety of of factors like volume loss and age but patients will continue to see changes through the 9th month. So if immediate gratification is something you are looking for, this isn't for you. Over time, the Poly-L-Lactic Acid dissipates as your own tissue takes its place. Since the product triggers your body to build its own collagen, results are not immediate.

If you have hollowness, loss of volume you are a good candidate. It's used mostly on cheeks, temples, chin, jawline and chest. You want to have a good immune system also to be a candidate. 

It is a really great product for the right candidate and I have seen some really stunning results.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201

Thank you for the info!  I appreciate that you work in the field so know more about these products than the average person.  Interesting that what you stated isn't exactly what the nurse at the dermatologist told me about Sculptra. She does the injections of all the products such as Botox, Juvederm, Sculptra.   I certainly believed her, but now I wonder if she was just selling me on the product. 

I get filler injections at the corners of my mouth to decrease irritations/ infections that occur there.    Those areas are always moist because of loss of firmness, so you could say I drool, not noticeably!   The fillers really fix the problem until they wear off, then  it's back for more.  No cream or serum could work as well.

Thanks again! 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have received Sculptra injections and I very satisfied with the result. . They described me the procedure very well and provided me with entire information about the treatment. Side effects from the treatment are usually rare and mild. Personally, I didn't experience any. You can go for it without any hesitation. Only remember to contact experience practitioner to get the treatment done.

QVC Customer Care