Respected Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Used Ready To Wear Cosmetics on HSN?

did not like it - smelled like old cheap makeup from the 5 & 10.

ordered an oversized powder compact with lots of shades all marbelized. that and a shadow compact.  the fiber extensions flaked all over my face 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Used Ready To Wear Cosmetics on HSN?

As there are only a handful of factories in the world which actually whip up the makeup which goes into the distributing brands packing Ready to Wear is probably made in the same Italian factory as Laura G's.  

I'v used a couple of things from the brand, but the only item I would repeat purchase would be another eyeshadow palette with colors I like.  I found the powder shadows to be creamy smooth and longwearing for the price.  I did not care for Lash Extension at all.  It performed as advertised, but I did not care for the big false looking fringed lashes effect.   The lipstick was no better than Maybelline or any other drugstore level brand.  Nice color depth, but nothing special in wear time or how it felt on my lips.  

I don't know why Philippe Chansel was replaced with BJ on air.  I do know Philippe still works for M.A.C. and Tom Ford on products and in artistry, plus he works independently as a makeup artist all over the world.  He's quite busy.  That said he always made it sound like Ready-to-Wear was his own creation, but that may have been a stretch of the truth as more than likely his involvement with the brand is the same one he has with those other brands.  I always enjoyed Philippe's presentations, but BJ is good to watch too.  His cheek implants are a little hard to look at, but so far on air what he's says is always informative stuff which is nice for Ready to Wear sales, but his tips and tricks can be applied to whatever makeup brand you use.  His on air demeanor comes acoss as being more open and relaxed than Philppe's, but BJ seems to know how to make it fun without crossing over into dumb silliness.