Respected Contributor

Has Anyone Tried or is Using Juice Beauty?

At age 40 my daughter is just now realizing she needs a skin care regimen.

She's a slow learner, just like her mom. Smiley Very Happy... I'm headed to see her this weekend.. she's about 2.5 hours away.  I'll be bringing the staples she needs;  a good vitamin C, Paula's Choice BHA (best suited for her skin-type) and a gentle retinol  creme. 

I noticed on Ulta's 21 days of Beauty, Juice Beauty has a serum @ 50 off.   I'd given her some samples of Juice Beauty and she fell in love- I'm pretty sure it came with another product though.  I can't remember ever using it myself.

Any experience.. thoughts?

Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Tried or is Using Juice Beauty?

@Funloving

I did check it out at Ulta a while back but I couldn't get past the smell! Sorry I can't be helpful

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Funloving

What a nice thing to do for your daughter.

I've tried the liquid cleanser, it was OK.  Didn't make me break out, or dry out my skin, seemed to clean well, I wear very little make up.

Since moved on the Drunken Elephant tiny bars, just to get myself closer to using one brand.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Funloving hi gf! There was anothe thread asking about Juice Beauty skincare from the other day- this might help too?

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/juice-beauty-skin-care/td-p/3661924

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all of your responses..

......and @HappyDaze, your link did help!  I'm just not here enough lately to see all of the topics and posts.

Grazie! Grazie!

Esteemed Contributor

@Funloving

I like the Green Apple Peel.  There's a full strength and a sensitive.  I used the full strength and liked it.

Has she tried any Acure products?  I'm close to her age and like the face care products of theirs that I have tried.

I recently discovered their Brightening Facial Scrub.  I always thought I'd just make my own scrubs with sugar, and why spend the money, but I gave it a shot and I really like it.

I enjoyed Kate Somerville's Exfolikate, but that stuff is too expensive.  The Acure Brightening Facial Scrub works really well and doesn't cost as much.  It would also be better for sensitive skin than the Exfolikate, as Exfolikate tends to sting.

Image result for Acure brightening facial scrub

I also like their Argan oil (and it's reasonably priced), and I tried a balm of theirs that I liked...it came in a jar, but I see they have a couple that are in tubes now, so I think they changed the packaging (and maybe the formula).

I'm hoping to try the Marula oil and one of their lip glosses in the future.  I don't think the prices on their website are the best.  I buy through a popular online vitamin supplier, and the prices are good there.

I tried a couple of their shampoos (a moisturizing one and a clarifying one), and a conditioner (moisturizing) and didn't find them to be anything special, but I really like the face care products of theirs that I've tried.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Funloving

I like the Green Apple Peel.  There's a full strength and a sensitive.  I used the full strength and liked it.

Has she tried any Acure products?  I'm close to her age and like the face care products of theirs that I have tried.

I recently discovered their Brightening Facial Scrub.  I always thought I'd just make my own scrubs with sugar, and why spend the money, but I gave it a shot and I really like it.

I enjoyed Kate Somerville's Exfolikate, but that stuff is too expensive.  The Acure Brightening Facial Scrub works really well and doesn't cost as much.  It would also be better for sensitive skin than the Exfolikate, as Exfolikate tends to sting.

Image result for Acure brightening facial scrub

I also like their Argan oil (and it's reasonably priced), and I tried a balm of theirs that I liked...it came in a jar, but I see they have a couple that are in tubes now, so I think they changed the packaging (and maybe the formula).

I'm hoping to try the Marula oil and one of their lip glosses in the future.  I don't think the prices on their website are the best.  I buy through a popular online vitamin supplier, and the prices are good there.

I tried a couple of their shampoos (a moisturizing one and a clarifying one), and a conditioner (moisturizing) and didn't find them to be anything special, but I really like the face care products of theirs that I've tried.

@mistriTsquirrel.

Thanks so much for weighing in!  I'd completely forgotten about Acure which I've used in the past, too.  I used their Argan Stem Cell Shampoo until they changed the packaging and formula- and not for the better!  I've also used some of their facial products, but not the brightening scrub which sounds great for physical exfoliation.  As far as exfoliation I'm giving her a bottle of Paula's Choice 2% BHA.  It looks like you're trying to offer alternative natural products, which I appreciate.  Juice Beauty is pricey and like Acure, there are less costly options that are just as good.

While there's a 20 year age difference her skincare needs are a bit different than mine.  I'm passing on a bottle of Josie Maran's Argan Milk which I only used a couple of times.  It does nothing for me, but might be great for her.  I've taken care of the basic proven actives that have no age boundaries- such as the BHA,  Vitamin C,  a gentle retinol serum and a face cream by Mad Hippie which is vegan, no GMOs & claims to contain 13 actives.  She already uses CeraVe for cleansing. A  good start I think.

There's a high probability since she only cleanses & has never used anything but the JB samples,  her skin will do well with with these products.  I'm not one that feels you must use products from the same line/brand for a good regimen.

Thanks again for reminding me about Acure though! Smiley Wink  I'll have to revisit their skin care products.  My Natural Groceries just a few blocks away carries a bunch of Acure.

Trusted Contributor

@FunlovingHi SweetieHeart I got some samples but haven't tried any yet. Have a wonderful time with your daughterHeart I love getting the Sephora box each month because you get to try all different products.

There is a line that I'm going to try when I run out of other stuff, Farmacy. Bought a lip balm at Sephora and love it. I did notice that the Q has a few products from this line.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I tried Juice Beauty when Evine sold it and although I'm a senior citizen I enjoyed the products.

Respected Contributor

Hi @SisterGoldenHair!  Good to see you!  I want to know more about Sephora's sample box.  Is it offered all the time?  I'd love to sign my daughter up to receive monthly sample boxes!

BTW,  I thought of you when I ordered a Jane Irerdale Pure Pressed Eye Shadow in Smokey Gray.  I needed something to round up my DermStore 25% off order for free ship... and let me tell you, that eyeshadow is the bomb!  It goes on like butter, so finely milled.. just beautiful and makes me want to try more JI.  I lean toward purpleish undertones for eyeshadow.  It's one color range that still makes my eye's pop.  But this Smokey Gray is absolutely gorgeous with blue eyes!  Do you still use JL?  If so, what products?  I know you swore by her foundation and the brush.... Also Blink mascara! Smiley Wink

Are you still using Wen???  So much catching up to do. lol

Hope all is well with you and yours, GF!