Respected Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Tried First Aid Beauty Products?

I use the face cleanser. I just got 2 from Ulta when they had them 1/2 price.

I use Shea Moisture Argan Oil to break down my makeup & then the FAB Cleanser to clean my skin.

It's gentle, doesn't dry me out, doesn't break me out.

I've tried a few other products, but didn't fall in love with any of them, but I have been using the cleanser for quite a while.

Respected Contributor

I tried it. My skin is super dry and I felt it barely made a dent.

I think there are far better moisturizers out there for less money. Some of my favs are Vanicream, CereVe, Jergens and Eucerin.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Quite some time ago there was a special on 2 tubs of the ultra repair cream so I ordered it based on good reviews. I like it a lot for hands/arms/legs/heels because it absorbs quickly rather than sitting on top of your skin. For that reason some mornings I use it on my face instead of my Olay Regenerist, which needs a little time before applying foundation. Also lately for some reason I've been having mild flare-ups of itchy dermatitis on the palms of my hands usually in the middle of the night so I've been keeping it bedside because if I use it as soon as the itching starts it calms it. Otherwise I start scratching and that just makes it flare and burn and itch all the worse.

Esteemed Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

I tried the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.  It is pretty good. But it is not significantly better than Cerave, Cetaphil, or Naturewell (Sam's brand). 

I do like to purchase it for gifts when they have a set of four in gift boxes for the holidays. Because as far as prestige body cream goes, it is a lot cheaper than Josie Maran or Beekman (which I have also tried).

ou again. 

@sunala  and for @momoftwo2007 

Hello sunala, I had just read yesterday a post that I sent you 3 years ago. How nice to see you, again. Great post to and from each other. 

I do take the time, if I am or using a beauty product, and this one I adore.  I am on an auto ship, but the 1st one never came...STUCK in a post office 15 minutes from home for over 6 months.

However, I did buy the trial package and gave everything

--- ( cleanser, serum, lotion, THE CREME, and a small moisturizer 5 stars+).

I am now receiving what was to come, now, and another in October.

I have very fair sensitive skin and use only (2) brand products, one will always remain as a richer moisturizer for a drier skin, alternating every three days. Another brand.

I thought at first this was more of a body cream, only, then discovered perfect for ME- my nightly face cream. And a small amount is needed.  I love the serum. 

Thank you @momoftwo2007 for letting me know that there is a holiday set. I will definitely go Auto Ship or purchase several.

MOMoftwo, I have tried the CereVe, also the Cetaphil and had an allergic reaction. So, those are not for me; nice for those that can. 

If wanting to use the cleanser for eye make up removal, then I can not recommend. I have to use J. Maran's oil or close to it.

I know zero about Naturewell from a Sam's brand. 

Smiley Happy  sunala, the small trial sold at Sephora's or Ulta's is worth a try, then you can judge.

Also, at Sephora's you can ask for a sample of that line, but Ulta is usually "A" hard nose on samples leaving the store, or at least here.

BUT! you can try everything IN the store?~??????!!

I absolutely lucked out when I found this product, apparently not for everyone, but the best neck cream I have ever used.   NO, CAN'T PLEASE EACH PERSON.         ....decisions, decisions. 

Have a great shopping experience.  

NAES

Trusted Contributor

I have a tube of their hand cream, and find it to be immediately soothing and softening, every time I use it. I'm not consistent enough to say whether it has cumulative long term effects! But I'd definitely buy it again.

Respected Contributor

I really like their Ultra Repair Cream.  I have it in the tubs and tubes.  I much prefer the unscented, which actually has a very slight clean scent.  It absorbs quickly and is quite moisturzing.   I gave it to someone in my office several years ago, and she thanked me letting me know that it was the only thing that helped a dry patch on her young son's face (and better than the other creams and prescription that she got from the dr).

Worth a try.

The tubs are not as conveninent as a pump dispenser, but the consistency would never allow for a pump.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love, love, love FAB. I buy it all the time when QVC offers the large tub sizes! It's wonderful because I have very sensitive skin & I can use it without any issues everywhere (face, body).  It does moisturize and I love unscented. Have tried all the lotions mentioned in this forum response & FAB beats them all! FAB doesn't sit on top of your skin nor does it leave a film. Love!

Valued Contributor

I get really dry skin in the winter and First Aid was the only lotion that moisturized my body so I stopped itching. I got the TSV last year and it had 6 different scents, and I'm on my last one right now Smiley Sad I find the lotion to be really thin, easy to spread and not too rich in scent.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'm definitely going to try some of these products. I can no longer stand the smell of my Josie Maran body butters. I'll probably be throwing them out. I was never crazy about them but lately they are literally making me nauseous. They didn't go bad but I seem to have an aversion to her products. One day maybe I'll figure out why.

So I'll be trying the First Aid. Thanks for the heads up!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

@sunala  I have actually a few too many tubs of FAB cream bought when hey had sets of the super large sizes of the cream. I like it even better then Josie's as it is not as heavy.

Both are nice, I like to change it up. FAB cream is great for all year and Josie is good when really dry.

My husband has psoriasis and I encourage him to use FAB cream on his face too and body but he's stubborn and only dabbles in it.

I liked their aha peel pads, they offer small sizes to try some places but I enjoy trying other peel pads and now I'm using a new ones from Elemis (the line I use) FAB was just as nice IMO.

They have a nice foaming cleaner too...again smaler sizes at some places if you hunt. I always use small sizes on eBay first if able to find and if reasonable. People break up those monthly beauty kits and sell things.

I feel it's a very nice decent priced line of skincare, I always keep the smaller tube near my sink for hand cream when I don't greasy hands from my other brands.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky