Trusted Contributor

Has Anyone Had Dermaplaning?

I have an appointment with a friend to try this and wondered if anyone has done this and what the results were. It is supposed to be an exfoliating treatment that is an alternative to a chemical peel and removes the peach fuzz too. They evidently use a scalpel! Just hope she hasn't had a lot of coffee prior to our treatment!

Super Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Had Dermaplaning?

This sounds very interesting. If you don't mind, how expensive is this?

Thank you!

Super Contributor

Yes, I've had it done a few times. At first it felt a little weird, but it did not hurt. She goes pretty fast over your face and neck. I did notice that after she was done, my skin looked very smooth. I also thought my makeup went on better along with my facial creams. If she is someone you trust, then go for it! It didn't take very long at all. Smile

Trusted Contributor

On 4/3/2014 Kind1too said:

This sounds very interesting. If you don't mind, how expensive is this?

Thank you!

It's about $100. Hoping for good results!

Super Contributor

Yes, I've had it done and go in 4x a year for this treatment. It is painless, removes all facial hair and exfoliates the skin. I love it and would recommend it to anyone who is curious about the experience. It is not a facial, so it doesn't deep clean or detox the skin, you would need another type of treatment for that. It does absolutely nothing for wrinkles or photo aging; it's a skin smoother. Enjoy your treatment, be careful,you could become addicted
Super Contributor

A scalpel????? {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

If anyone besides a dermatologist or plastic surgeon were doing this, I'd never do it. $400 a year for a "smooth" face. No thank you.

But I wish you the best of luck! Smiley Happy

Contributor

I've had it done a gazillion times over the last 17 years!!! They always do it prior to chemicals peels....over the years I have had glycolic, lactic, various combos, The Perfect Peel, etc etc. It is just a prep thing...nothing to it!!