Respected Contributor

Has Anyone Ever Bought A Beauty Product Off Of MERCARI?

[ Edited ]

I just stumbled upon this site and was wondering what is it all about.And is it a save site. Would love to hear of your experience if you have  bought from this site. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Ever Bought A Beauty Product Off Of MERCARI?

[ Edited ]

It's the Japanese version of E-bay

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

Another poster said it was the Japanese version of ebay.  Not sure that is a good description, although perhaps the company started in Japan ? Mercari is just like poshmark, and there is no bidding on items.  It's not an auction, just people posting items they want to sell.  I know people who list items on Mercari so there are sellers based in the US. Everything I've purchased has been an easy experience.  You can message the seller and ask if they will negotiate a better price.

Respected Contributor

@rissajaneen wrote:

Another poster said it was the Japanese version of ebay.  Not sure that is a good description, although perhaps the company started in Japan ? Mercari is just like poshmark, and there is no bidding on items.  It's not an auction, just people posting items they want to sell.  I know people who list items on Mercari so there are sellers based in the US. Everything I've purchased has been an easy experience.  You can message the seller and ask if they will negotiate a better price.

Thank you soo much for your  input. I kind of thought it was like you said but just wanted to  make sure. You can't be too careful these days. Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

its a resell site like eBay and Poshmark 

many sellers sell on all paltforms

Honored Contributor

Mercari

E-Commerce Company
Mercari
Mercari, Inc. is a Japanese e-commerce company founded in 2013, with offices in the United States. Their main product, the Mercari marketplace app, was first launched in Japan in July 2013, and has since grown to become Japan's largest community-powered marketplace with over JPY 10 billion in transactions carried out on the platform each month. Among those Japanese users utilizing one of the country's many community marketplace apps, 94% were found to be using Mercari
♥Surface of the Sun♥