Honored Contributor

While reading reviews on Sephora's website I noticed a lot of the reviewers said they received their sample from Pinch Me.  I have never heard of this site.  I just looked at it.  It's a free site to use.  Not sure of the details such as do they just blindly send you samples based on your profile or if you get to choose from what is available that month and what you can do with the coins you collect from providing reviews. 

I do know it is not limited to beauty-related products.  At the bottom of the page it shows their recent sampled products which included Olay Regenerist Collagen Peptide, Moroccan Oil Leave-In conditioner, First & Free CBD product, Haribo Gummies, Skippy Peanut Butter in a squeeze pkg, & Friskies Lil' Slurpies.  

I know once I had a subscription to a kitchen type magazine where they sent you products to review.  I got a few products and did give my opinions which never got published, but I did notice, they never seemed to publish anything but glowing reviews.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has Anybody Used Pinch Me?

@Icegoddess is it free?

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Icegoddess is it free?

@NYCLatinaMe Yes.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

While reading reviews on Sephora's website I noticed a lot of the reviewers said they received their sample from Pinch Me.  I have never heard of this site.  I just looked at it.  It's a free site to use.  Not sure of the details such as do they just blindly send you samples based on your profile or if you get to choose from what is available that month and what you can do with the coins you collect from providing reviews. 

I do know it is not limited to beauty-related products.  At the bottom of the page it shows their recent sampled products which included Olay Regenerist Collagen Peptide, Moroccan Oil Leave-In conditioner, First & Free CBD product, Haribo Gummies, Skippy Peanut Butter in a squeeze pkg, & Friskies Lil' Slurpies.  

I know once I had a subscription to a kitchen type magazine where they sent you products to review.  I got a few products and did give my opinions which never got published, but I did notice, they never seemed to publish anything but glowing reviews.  

I had initially signed up with them a few years ago.

You fill out a profile and they try to match you with samples close to your profile interests.

At first, I received a few boxes from them, and then nothing, even after supposedly qualifying for the samples. 

It's free to sign up, but then they want you to pay to receive the bonus samples by paying to sign up for something that costs a dollar, like some kind of a service, etc.

I lost interest for awhile, and then I decided to try again last Fall, and then again nothing happened. This time though, I never received any boxes from them at all, since last Fall. I would qualify for samples but I never received any sample boxes from them, so I just gave up with them.

I'm editing my comments to add that what they're trying now is product trials. They send you an e-mail in order to apply to try for something.

That's the latest thing that they're doing, where they see if you qualify for doing a product trial where you try it if you qualify, and then do a review for it.

You get to keep the product in exchange for the review.

Honored Contributor

@Toppers3 Thank you for your response.  

So, you're not out anything, but then you also might not receive anything to review depending on whether you're willing to spend a little?  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Toppers3 Thank you for your response.  

So, you're not out anything, but then you also might not receive anything to review depending on whether you're willing to spend a little?  

Their bonus sample is a separate offer from their regular sample offer. That's the one where you need to spend a dollar on something else, in order to qualify for the bonus.

They're a legitimate website, but I feel like you have to "jump through hoops" just to try to get sample offers as they seem to have different various offers going on.

It's like they'll want to keep adding things to your box before it goes out to you, but it doesn't go out to you anyway. Like you can buy the bonus sample you can pay for, if you want it.

Their product review offer is something that they just started doing that's different than the other samples that they offer.

I don't know what has been going on there...

Like I mentioned, you get a few sample boxes at first, and then nothing.