Trusted Contributor

Re: Hard to purchase a new frangrance from TV, any suggestions?

If QVC wants to sell fragrance they should send samples and for skin care also.

Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

hI jojoinMO 

I love fragrance . Does it have to be QVC? My favoirte way to test fragrance is by samples . There are sites like Luckyscents , where you can purchase samples for $3-4 . You can search scents by notes you like or differnt types like floral, oriental etc. I use only cruelty free brands now and PInrose and Sweet Anthems and Inkling  also sell sample scents very reasonable too . My new fav is Pinrose Tambourine Dreamer - a mix of Lily of the Valley, Orange Blossom , Peony and Ylang Ylang . Good luck in your search . A new scent can really lift your spirits !!.

Thanks for the tip on Luckyscents.  I was not aware of it.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

try Fragrantica dot com.   you can search the fragrances you know you like there are sugesstions for fragrances others like as well.

i have to try out and  wear a fragrance before i buy. i want something to last but not be too heavy. sometimes scent changes on the skin too.   i had a friend who wore L'eau d'Issey and she always smelled amazing.   i  spritzed some on in Ulta one day. ugh could not wash it off quick enough. smelled like Lestoil on me

Frequent Contributor

This!  Fragrantica and I go way back.  Such a great website for information. 

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

try Fragrantica dot com.   you can search the fragrances you know you like there are sugesstions for fragrances others like as well.

i have to try out and  wear a fragrance before i buy. i want something to last but not be too heavy. sometimes scent changes on the skin too.   i had a friend who wore L'eau d'Issey and she always smelled amazing.   i  spritzed some on in Ulta one day. ugh could not wash it off quick enough. smelled like Lestoil on me

Respected Contributor

Suggestion:  Fan de Fendi

It is light and I have found that it lasts a lot longer than the alcohol based scents.  Try Amazon.com for best prices.  Good Luck.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

NEST Fragrances Midnight Fleur Soleil from QVC. It is light and a great daytime spring/summer scent.  It last all day!  I love it!

Esteemed Contributor

If you are thinking of buying Nest fragrances from QVC, including the upcoming TSV, try them out first at a bricks and mortar Sephora store where they carry that brand so you can decide if you like them or not before purchasing them.

Honored Contributor

I have found that the Jo Malone website makes it a little easier to select a fragrance.  At least they break it down by categories:  FLORAL, FRUITY, WOODSY, etc.  Blackberry & Bay is a lovely scent not heavy but certainly not light and a new favorite scent for me.  The citrus scents are very nice but light.  You can't go wrong with Grapefruit (does not smell like a grapefruit) and her first scent.  Lime, Mandarin, Basil is also light and pretty.  Pomegranate & Noir is a favorite of mine.  When you make a purchase you receive 2 samples of your choice.  Nordstrom will give you samples and I understand Sephora now carries the line.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@JojoinMO

Don't try to purchase any fragrance online unless you've already tested it in person and know it will work for you.  It just doesn't work.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't buy from TV altho, I did buy Amazing Grace with good luck, but have bought others that were awful and just let them evaporize. However, I do buy samples from ebay with really good luck. I'd rather spend just a few $$ for a small, useable amount, than a bunch of $$ for a huge amount.