Contributor

Re: Hard sell on the belle beauty TSV

It was promoted on Instagram about 6 times a day for 2 days. I was very tempted to try the kit because the price was great, but the reviews are very mixed on the shadow sticks and mascara, and I have stocked up one ahead already on my #1 fave It Cosmetics CC cream and Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue (tinted gel) so I really didn't need it. 

I really love Kim Gravel, she cracks me up and would be fun to know IRL. She is there TO SELL HER ITEMS! Anyone selling will say every product is wonderful, it's their job. I own her kisser fixer kit and really like it. I reordered just the lip liners yesterday and passed on the TSV but I will be checking the customer reviews on the foundation and mascara.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@shaggygirl 

TSV makeup presentations imo always use to much makeup. In my life would never wear heavy full coverage foundation. Less is more in most cases. 

@Sweet_Serenity 

Yes you have a good point there about them using too much makeup. Plus, on a large screen tv in high def a facial closeup can be downright scary. Every pore full of foundation & powder and blemish and overdone mascara application is so magnified.

Honored Contributor

If anyone knows how to apply makeup from light to over the top as well as knowing every trick there is to making yourself look amazing, it's going to be Kim due to her pageant experience, public speaking and having her own pageant business for decades. I think they pile on the makeup for the presentations no matter who the vendor is. No one I know layers on as much lip gloss as the models do during a lip product demonstration. 

Hard sell? That's their job. It's sales.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

It probably is not selling thus the reason for the hard sell.  The problem is == a foundation is thrown together and only offers a few shades.  We are not all yellow undertone.  Easy pass for me, ya all.  Pun intended with sarcasm. lol

I have the same issue....I have pink undertones in my skin and 99% of the foundations sold on QVC have a yellow undertone. Plus, they all seem chalky to me, and are never like the presentation. Too many returns for make-up have made me shy away from ever buying foundations on-line.

Honored Contributor

Looks like it is still available in all shades today (May 7) and at the same TSV price.   Seems TSVs are no longer one day pricing.

Trusted Contributor

It drove me nuts.  Enough already.

To me, it was all Kim's version of products that are already out there.  Look at the packaging.

foundation and brush = It cosmetics

shadow sticks = Mally

mascara = Dior 

I am sure it's good stuff but come on, QVC.  You had beauty on QVC and QVC2 at the same time.

That is not what you said QVC2 was for!  it was for alternative programming!!

Yeah, I heard you.

Respected Contributor

There’s a great message in some of these posts........If you don’t like it “TURN THE TV OFF!” or “CHANGE THE CHANNEL!” I think Kim is so inspirational, such a positive person. She makes me feel good about myself.
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
There’s a great message in some of these posts........If you don’t like it “TURN THE TV OFF!” or “CHANGE THE CHANNEL!” I think Kim is so inspirational, such a positive person. She makes me feel good about myself.

I totally agree with you, @Naturesbeauty   The trouble is, people would rather complain.  I don't get it.  If you're turning on a shopping channel anything they demo is going to be a hard sell because they want you to buy it.  Sitting there and complaining isn't going to change anything.  None of the channels are forcing anyone to watch so if you don't like what's on, change the channel.  What's so hard about this concept?  Sheesh.  

I like Kim too.  Wouldn't it be fun to spend an afternoon together with her?

Respected Contributor

“Believe in your own BEAUTY! BE YOU.......the world will adjust!” 🥰❤️
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Daysdee wrote:

Looks like it is still available in all shades today (May 7) and at the same TSV price.   Seems TSVs are no longer one day pricing.

@Daysdee, QVC has been running the TSVs in multiples since before the holidays.  No more one day only pricing.  You can get the TSV for several days in advance and at least a day or 2 after. 

If you type TSV into the search bar, there are several available that are coming up.