Super Contributor
On 4/3/2015 UMDTerpFan said:
On 4/3/2015 Crisso said:

I am here. I got very emotional because my mom passed away a little over a year ago and holidays are tough. I was overcome by the complete insensitivity of that poster - and for what? Again, because she can and gets away with it. She responded in an equally callous way to another poster on that thread who spoke of her deceased relatives.

There is never any substance, simply attacking where it will hurts most. Young children do this when they are angry and frustrated. The difference is that, for the most part, children do not know a better way to communicate and are guileless.

Press the report inappropriate link? Ha! Last night her posts were left there no matter what, while those around hers that did not violate standards were deleted in a heartbeat. Then she came back to taunt people about their posts being gone. I have seen her do this time and time again.

In any event, this morning I shook my head and decided that it was silly to let a garden-variety troll get one ounce of bother from me.

I appreciate your concern and you have been very kind, but I am OK now, truly.

I'm sorry about your loss. I lost my mother 19 years ago today. She was only 64. So I feel your pain. I hope you have a nice weekend.

I had not been back to this thread, so I missed this. Thank you, UMDTerpFan. The loss of a parent, especially a mother, is life changing like nothing else...It still feels so surreal. I wonder if it will ever feel different?

Trusted Contributor
On 4/5/2015 Crisso said:
On 4/3/2015 UMDTerpFan said:
On 4/3/2015 Crisso said:

I am here. I got very emotional because my mom passed away a little over a year ago and holidays are tough. I was overcome by the complete insensitivity of that poster - and for what? Again, because she can and gets away with it. She responded in an equally callous way to another poster on that thread who spoke of her deceased relatives.

There is never any substance, simply attacking where it will hurts most. Young children do this when they are angry and frustrated. The difference is that, for the most part, children do not know a better way to communicate and are guileless.

Press the report inappropriate link? Ha! Last night her posts were left there no matter what, while those around hers that did not violate standards were deleted in a heartbeat. Then she came back to taunt people about their posts being gone. I have seen her do this time and time again.

In any event, this morning I shook my head and decided that it was silly to let a garden-variety troll get one ounce of bother from me.

I appreciate your concern and you have been very kind, but I am OK now, truly.

I'm sorry about your loss. I lost my mother 19 years ago today. She was only 64. So I feel your pain. I hope you have a nice weekend.

I had not been back to this thread, so I missed this. Thank you, UMDTerpFan. The loss of a parent, especially a mother, is life changing like nothing else...It still feels so surreal. I wonder if it will ever feel different?

I'm sorry to say that I don't think the pain ever goes away. It does subside as the years go by but I probably have a thought about my Mom almost every day. I lost my father as well but was not as close to him as I was my Mom. Hopefully the happy memories will help. But we should all cherish the ones we love because we never know how long they will be with us and vice versa.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor
On 4/4/2015 Sister Golden Hair said:

I have had some eye problems so I can't use normal make-up removers. I have used Purity and my Dr said that it was ok but he prefers me using Johnson's baby shampoo.

But I still like to hear what other people use and like.

I like Nuance Rosewater and Cucumber Dual Phase Makeup Remover. I put some on a pad, then place it on my eyes for a few seconds then wipe. I repeat 2 more times and the eye makeup comes off gently. IMHO this is a great dupe for Lancome's Bifacial Eye makeup remover which I used to buy and is very pricey. Neutrogena & Lumene also make an eye makeup remover I like but my fave is Nuance. It's only sold at CVS as far as I know.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor
On 4/5/2015 UMDTerpFan said:
On 4/5/2015 Crisso said:

I'm sorry to say that I don't think the pain ever goes away. It does subside as the years go by but I probably have a thought about my Mom almost every day. I lost my father as well but was not as close to him as I was my Mom. Hopefully the happy memories will help. But we should all cherish the ones we love because we never know how long they will be with us and vice versa.

big hugs to both of you. I can't even imagine the pain of losing a parent.

Honored Contributor
On 4/3/2015 Sister Golden Hair said:

{#emotions_dlg.lol} I think I have used every mascara known to man or in this case woman.

I tried the Blinc travel size mascara and the brush was too short for me. I thought it would be nice when we travel...Not.

I was really interested in Josie Maran's black oil mascara but there is just no point in me trying any other mascara when Blinc works so well for me.

There are alot of bad reviews on this mascara. I completely hated her original mascara. I was interested in this new one but so many bad reviews, I decided to forget about it.

Honored Contributor

Mirenesse will be back on Hautelook tomorrow (April 7) for those that wanted to try it or buy more.

Super Contributor
On 4/6/2015 HappyDaze said:

Mirenesse will be back on Hautelook tomorrow (April 7) for those that wanted to try it or buy more. Smile

I remember Mirenesse. If I recall correctly, this was the first line that introduced the technology.

OT- wanted to acknowledge your post on another thread about people who seem not to like anyone. I so agree. I just felt that I should "out" this person on her agenda. Funny how you never know how a person will react to a poster maybe because of a post they did not like. She accused me of being P-A for no valid reason and then was P-A herself. I rather have someone tell me to my face what they think then using "issues" to ge there.

Then there is the accusation of being a "know-it-all". This one made me laugh given who the accuser was. Talk about "know it all" with her own agenda. I don't like Perricone and I am sure that is where this all stems from. I tried to be 'understanding' but she continues to get her digs in. Again, why hide behind an issue when the real issue is the poster they do not like?

I was at my hair stylist yesterday and she brought up the topic of why more and more people react personally to an item they purchase as if they own the company. She was referring to handbags and yoga gear. When did people get so uppity about 'things'?

Finally, there are those who claim to be your 'friend' but de-friend you as soon as you disagree with them...

Honored Contributor

Crisso, yes there are many "fair weather" friends out there. It is a sad fact of life. The friends I've had for many, many years are those that we can have heated discussions and agree to disagree and still respect and appreciate each others' views then go out and have a glass of wine or cup of coffee and chat about the weather or kids or whatever light hearted topic of the moment. I like those kinds of friends. Smile

Oh and don't get me started on PAs! LOL!

So much to say really, but I would rather not in such a public forum.Wink

IKTYKTIK {#emotions_dlg.wub}