Super Contributor

Thank you to all the men and women of the armed forces and their families for all the sacrifices you have made for our country. Blessings and prayers for all of you.

Super Contributor

Absolutely, sapphire. Thanks to our armed forces and families. I watched most of the Memorial Day special that PBS puts on. Amazing.

Prayers.

Honored Contributor

Yes, a big thank you to all who have in the past served or currently serve their countries. My father was a WWII vet. He served in Italy and North Africa. He survived the war and lived a long life before he died at age 91. I still remember some of the stories he told us. Many men and women sacrifice so that we can have freedom.

Valued Contributor

Yes! I have a T shirt that reads ""America...Home of the free because of the brave""

Super Contributor
Amen! Thank you for our freedom! Thank you for your service. Thank you isn't enough. My father and grandfather were navy men. Prayers for everyone.
Honored Contributor

What a nice thread. It's a good day to offer thanks and count your blessings.

Trusted Contributor

praying for those left behind & thankful for all the sacrifice

Super Contributor

While I completely agree with the sentiment that we want thank those who made the ultimate sacrifice, I have a problem with the phrase, "Happy Memorial Day." Nothing against the OP specifically because I've heard others say this, but it is a somber day for so many and to me just not a phrase I would use on this particular day.

Esteemed Contributor
On 5/26/2014 makeupaddicted1 said:

While I completely agree with the sentiment that we want thank those who made the ultimate sacrifice, I have a problem with the phrase, "Happy Memorial Day." Nothing against the OP specifically because I've heard others say this, but it is a somber day for so many and to me just not a phrase I would use on this particular day.

Thank you, makeupaddiicted1.....Thank YOU ...Thank you...Thank You....

I have been so disgusted with the Q. hosts...starting with Pat this morning...cheerily saying Happy Memorial Day to all the callers and vendors...I changed the channel....I was so angry...its a solemn day...not a party......

Honored Contributor
On 5/26/2014 circles said:
On 5/26/2014 makeupaddicted1 said:

Thank you, makeupaddiicted1.....Thank YOU ...Thank you...Thank You....

I have been so disgusted with the Q. hosts...starting with Pat this morning...cheerily saying Happy Memorial Day to all the callers and vendors...I changed the channel....I was so angry...its a solemn day...not a party......

I totally agree. Pat doesn't have a clue.