Respected Contributor

Re: Happy July, Scents and Common Sense Thread

Super muggy. They cancelled the Boston 4th fireworks and made it tomorrow instead.

Talked to a NP about the tick. Said to wait 5 or 6 weeks and see if I get a rash, which is what I was planning to do. If I do they will do a lime test at that point to determine if I need antibiotics.

Hope everyone is okay.

Doglover, when you've finally gotten some sleep, please update us.

Respected Contributor

Desi, I wouldn't say they are exactly dressy but can certainly wear them that way. They are smooth, flat, not like sweats or anything like that although the inside is softer and sort of fuzzy(not really fuzzy). I like the flat elastic they put on the waist, all around and lays very flat as do the pants.

Jan, will look for that tape. They are 27 inches long which is what my D&C jeans are and they are perfect in length, not these so, will look for that tape, thanks.

talk tomorrow

oh, didn't get the severe thunderstorm and only a slight drizzle but is super hot, 92 and very humid. They now want the severe storms today, will see.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, I am so glad you took time to post. Good to hear that so far DH's tests are good. Hopefully they will release him, maybe tomorrow. You try to get more sleep or you won't feel great either.

My DH dropped off a sample (I will leave it at that). He isn't doing well. managed to work and do a few things at home. He is drinking, but nothing food is working. He is losing weight and doesn't need to. His blood-work etc. was okay too. The minor abberations they said were because he has this, whatever this is.

Very hot and muggy today. They actually cancelled out city's fireworks tomorrow. Don't know if they've ever done that. Guess we wouldn't be able to go anyway unless DH was much better, he says he can't.

Respected Contributor

Happy 4th of July! Hope you all have decent weather and get to do whatever you'd planned.

Respected Contributor

Desi, happy 4th to you and to everyone as well. DH is sure glad to be back home, 3 full days was like a week he said. He too lost a lot of weight.

I agree about the D&C TSV pants. I do like them but like you I don't hem/sew and I only wear flats. I am going to look at the Heat and Bond Janet told me about and will see since I do like the fit and the look plus the comfort so, will see but most likely I am keeping them.

Hope your DH feels better soon, not great when they aren't feeling so hot, worse than when we aren't. Hope everything comes back okay and just something very simple.

I now have to find something that tells me how many carbs are in things plus have to find out how many carbs a day he can have. He is drinking thank goodness. Family doctor said to get that Mio, said his family like that, no sugar and no carbs.

I am sure a lot of the pain came from the badly bruised kidney he got when he fell they said since that is where the pain was but is okay now. Of course being severely dehydrated didn't help but he is drinking good now. They hydrated him by intravenous for 2 1/2 days, said he is fine now but has to keep drinking and more than he did before which wasn't much other than having 3 or 4 cups of coffee with each meal, is going to just have water now with Mio in it.

HAPPY 4 TH OF JULY EVERYONE!

Respected Contributor

Doglover, glad your DH is home and getting better. Wish he'd learn to drink water plain though. Mio and all those flavored additives contain not so great chemicals. Which if he drinks enough may harm his kidneys even further. I know he needs to drink and that's the priority right now. Thought the fall might somehow be related. Wonder why they didn't know his kidney was injured?

The 4th is a wash-out here, hasn't stopped poring really hard. My DH is eating lightly but is still having issues. He got Pepto today after talking with the pharmacist, but will call his Doc. Monday. That last test was normal. I just read about salmonella contaminated chicken and wondering if he got that since he ate in places that I wasn't.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, did you see the thread, "Shout-out to Doglover"? We tried to cover for you but might want to take a look when you feel rested.

Valued Contributor

Happy Independence Day everyone. We're having a wonderful day here. It was cool and breezy. Most of the people at my neighbor's picnic were complaining it was too cold. DH and I loved it. The high was probably 74 degrees.

We're home now, as fireworks are getting ready to go off in downtown Pittsburgh, as well as in neighboring communities. Pepe is already looking for a place to hide. Bella could care less- she is hard of hearing. Today is Pepe's birthday- the big 1 oh. Yep, he's 10. He still doesn't believe that people are setting off fireworks for him. He would prefer it to stop.

Desi: Sorry to hear your DH isn't up to snuff yet. I would have thought that he would be over his issues by now. Glad the sample came back clean.

doglover: Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm happy your DH was admitted and had a thorough work up. Will he drink infused water- say with lemon, cucumber, canteloupe or watermelon? Probably way better than Mio.

Janet: Great idea about the iron on tape for "hemming" pants. Is your family visiting with you at the cottage yet, or are they coming at the beginning of the week? If your weather is like ours, you will enjoy all of your activities with the family.

Respected Contributor

Pepe's mom, Happy BD to Pepe! Must not be fun sharing his BD with the noisiest holiday. Can't believe he's 10 either! Hope he and Bella powered through.

Your weather sounds great to me, high of 74 is perfect in my book. Supposed to get nice here too but sure wasn't today.

DH has had his fill of his stomach thing. He is an impatient person on a good day, and he is ready to be better. I don't think he could have gone to fireworks tonight even if they had them. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Respected Contributor

Desi, no I didn't see that thread and can't seem to find it. Is it in the beauty forums? Hope your DH will be better soon. Seems to be a cra ppy summer so far for us both with our DH so, know it is also taking it's toll on you as well.

pepesmom, happy birthday to Pepe. Yes he is starting to drink a lot more than goodness. Family doctor said Mio is fine for him to drink. He likes it weak so puts very little in and for now, anything that makes him drink more if good.

beautiful day, breezy and no rain but by Monday back to the 90's so giving the AC's a break.