Honored Contributor

Easter.jpg

Respected Contributor

@monicakm 

Happy Easter!!!

🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

Honored Contributor

Thank you dear @cheriere.  I hope everyone can be with their families this Sunday.  I can not be but it's by choice (one that DH isn't happy about).  He is having cataract surgery on Monday.  It will be a long hard day on my back so I can't spend the day at our daughter's the day before.  Hubby is the brisket smoker of the family so he'll be smoking that while I cook a DELISH yellow squash casserole for him to carry over there.  The babies are teenage babies now so there won't be any activities I need to be there for.  They'll be hid out in their rooms.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  = Happy Easter to you.  Know this will be a difficult one for you and your family.  Maybe while DH is at your DD's, you can play with some of your makeup or check out beauty sites for some fun things.  Whatever you decide to do, I wish you peace and comfort.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Thank you dear @cheriere.  I hope everyone can be with their families this Sunday.  I can not be but it's by choice (one that DH isn't happy about).  He is having cataract surgery on Monday.  It will be a long hard day on my back so I can't spend the day at our daughter's the day before.  Hubby is the brisket smoker of the family so he'll be smoking that while I cook a DELISH yellow squash casserole for him to carry over there.  The babies are teenage babies now so there won't be any activities I need to be there for.  They'll be hid out in their rooms.

Believe me, I completely understand how that goes.  These days, the day before and after I have to travel for a long drs appointment, I don't have the energy to hardly even sit up and talk to people.  When your waiting on someone who's in an appointment or having something done, it can often wear me out even worse.🌸

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm  Happy Easter to you 🐣💖

Super Contributor
Happy Easter 💖🙏🏻💖
Respected Contributor

Everyone enjoy your day however you choose to celebrate!

I went to Sam's club earlier today to get what I needed to do Easter dinner.  We going untraditional this year.  Bison burgers and wings on the grill, Mac and cheese, salad, deviled eggs...yumo.  I will be busy in the kitchen!

@monicakm   mmmmm brisket.  I have friends whose son lives in Troy, Texas.  When they go there to visit, he always smokes brisket for them.  They are all from Baltimore like me, but the Texas boys taught him how to smoke it their way!!!   She said you could stick you face in it it's that good 😊 

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Peace and comfort sound heavenly Smiley Happy  I'm ok with it.  It was my decision.  DH will bring home a plate for me and I won't OVER eat and suffer the consequences.  I'll pick out my clothes and makeup (going for the trifecta look that @sportyshorty07 put together) and lay on ice for the afternoon.

Mom and Frank will be on our minds, I'm sure.  My mother's sister is still here from WV so I know there will be lots of memories.  My aunt is just 5 years older than me.  My brother and she got into a lot of mischief as 20somethings...oy!  So there are lots of stories Smiley Surprised

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm, may your Easter be relaxing. Your hus's surgery won't take long. I spent more time in waiting room then have catarack removed. The nuisance is using eye drops for a few days after surgery. Will remember him Sligo