Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hands Telling/Showing Age

I didn't mean to offend anyone.  When I said that I don't care what my hands look like, I wasn't saying that others shouldn't care what their hands look like.  I do use a good moisturizer because I can't stand the feel of dry skin, so I'm always lathering my hands up.  I also didn't mean to imply that I don't take care of my hands. They just aren't a priority for me.  

I'm sure there are things I care about that others don't.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

That was easier to find than I thought it would be.  Does this look like the hand of a 46 year old??  I really wouldn't think so.  More like a 76 year old Smiley Sad

Clipboard03.jpg

Whose hand is this?

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

That was easier to find than I thought it would be.  Does this look like the hand of a 46 year old??  I really wouldn't think so.  More like a 76 year old Smiley Sad

Clipboard03.jpg

Whose hand is this?

I wonder too as I have no idea 🤔

Honored Contributor

All that matters when it comes to age is your mindset.

To each their own, but I only care if my skin - everywhere - is healthy and that my hands - and everything else - work the way they're supposed to.

I guess one's viewpoint just depends on their life experience.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy 

A person can care about both.  One is not exclusive of the other.  Not everyone cares about looks, I do.  Unfortunately I have multiple auto-immune illnesses.  Not a lot I can do about it.  I can however make the best with what I've been given.  I choose to care about my looks and that includes the look of my skin and hands.  That's why everything I do to my face, I do to my hands.  It's why I stay out of the sun (not really, I just hate the heat!).  It's why I keep my skin hydrated and moisturized and spend hundreds on skincare (and makeup).  Like you said, to each their own.  I enjoy taking care of my looks.  Not everyone does.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   Not everyone has the money to spend on cosmetics and their looks. Some people do not have a disposal income. it's not that they don't care.

When they are done paying for more important things like household bills, medications, food and health care..they are broke.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

It does not bother me since now I have my Mam-Ma's hands.  All I have to do when I miss my grandmother is look down to her hands that held me.

@beckyb1012 

I literally just told my husband this weekend when I look at my hands I think I'm looking at my mama's. ❤️🌺💔

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@monicakm   Not everyone has the money to spend on cosmetics and their looks. Some people do not have a disposal income. it's not that they don't care.

When they are done paying for more important things like household bills, medications, food and health care..they are broke.

@Carmie   I read your posts and respect what you have to say.  Your comment here to @monicakm is true....  however,  that applies to everything in life, cars, homes, clothes, food, skin care, necessities and luxuries.  No matter your income level.  I understand your point, but that was not the focus of the post.  I think it is the responsible thing to know ones limits and spend whatever they can,  no matter how much or little...   

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee  Which formula do you use? I searched and there are many with different percentages of ingredients.

Thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

@SilleeMee  Which formula do you use? I searched and there are many with different percentages of ingredients.

Thanks in advance.

@Renata22 

I'm using the Alpha Skin Care's Body Lotion w/12% glycolic acid.

Alpha Skin Care Renewal Body Lotion Anti-Aging Formula for All Skin Types - Reduces the Appearance of Lines & Wrinkles white 12 Ounce (Pack of 1)