Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1   I used to swear by eucerine advanced but a couple of years ago they changed the formula and discontinued the real advanced with the turq top/lid. What they now call 'advanced' is  not at all for me. It's not the same and this one doesn't help/work like the other did (at least for me).

I now use O'Keefe's, this works for me.

Honored Contributor

Gloves in a bottle is quite good.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

GLYSOMED. I've been using this for decades and love it. Though it's harder to find than it used to be, I keep my eyes open when I'm close to running out, so I know if (and which lol) Wegmans has it, Tops has it, Walmart has it, Walgreens has it, etc. Its availability is very inconsistent these days.

Amazon, however, always has it.

71WVEn2tP9L._SL1500_.jpg

@Moonlady - I LOVE Glysomed.  I use the Unscented though. Used to be able to get it at drugstore . com, but they went out of business.  Walgreen's used to carry it.  Now I order it on Ebay.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @panda1234  - I like the shea butter creams and lotions from BBW (not really "drugstore," but cheap and convenient).  I have their travel sized bottles in every room of the house, just in case.   For me, most lotions just sit on the surface and make my skin slick and gooey.  I've found that shea butters soak into my skin and work best for me.

The absolute best hand cream ever was Joan Rivers' Magic.... but it was discontinued years ago.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

LOVE Aveeno Skin Relief!  I can't stand goo, and this one absorbs quickly!  @Janey2 You might like this.  I use a little, and can quickly touch anything.

See the source image

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

If there is a brand that you truly love and it is more expensive than drugstore brands, why not buy the large size and fill those smaller air travel tubes from it.  This way you could have it all over and readily available.

My pedicurist does this with tubs of a brand her DH loves but doesn't like " contaminating " the tub. 

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

If there is a brand that you truly love and it is more expensive than drugstore brands, why not buy the large size and fill those smaller air travel tubes from it.  This way you could have it all over and readily available.

My pedicurist does this with tubs of a brand her DH loves but doesn't like " contaminating " the tub.   I do this with my Dr. Denise Dream Cream.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I recommend Gold Bond.  It's non greasy and I always keep a tube in my purse.

Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Hand Cream

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

I have a collection. Guess my favorite would be from Bath and Body Works, Shea Butter.  Always get compliments on my perfume when wearing it. I have to tell people it's my hand cream. 

@panda1234  - I have a little tube of the Shea Butter hand cream and was wondering if it comes in the body cream or spray?  The scent is definitely potent and I would love a body lotion.  I haven't checked the website yet.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Gloves in a bottle is quite good.

@goldensrbest 

Thanks for mentioning this!  I think this is the same stuff I used to get years ago when I first started shopping at HSN.  I loved it.  After a while they quit carrying it and I couldn't find it.  I've been thinking about it for years, but I couldn't remember the name.  I just assumed it had been discontinued.

I'm going to give it a try and see if it's what I remember.  Thanks again! 👍