Honored Contributor

Wow @monicakm .  I can't imagine the highlighters losing momentum in the makeup industry - not yet at least!

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Me either.  Samantha March was the first I heard declare she wasn't using it very much anymore and then at least 6 others.  That's ok.  I'll continue to use it until I'm ready not to.

Honored Contributor

I also signed up to be notified when they get my shade in. 

Honored Contributor

So, you know why e.l.f is out of stock on this, because three of the shades are curated for a beauty box! I got an email for an offer for a box by Kelly Strack with I think 7 products for $68, you choose your shade of Halo and the rest of the products are the same. There is a code KELLY20 to get 20% off. Of course I got it, seemed like a good deal, free shipping and free gift of trio putties. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So, you know why e.l.f is out of stock on this, because three of the shades are curated for a beauty box! I got an email for an offer for a box by Kelly Strack with I think 7 products for $68, you choose your shade of Halo and the rest of the products are the same. There is a code KELLY20 to get 20% off. Of course I got it, seemed like a good deal, free shipping and free gift of trio putties. 

@Jordan2 - I received that email too but already have quite a few of those pieces - except of course the Halo Glow - so didn't order it.  Hope you enjoy yours.  No wonder my shade seems to have been out forever.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL I don't have any of the products. Emily Noel who does makeup videos really likes this brand. I figure if I don't like something I'll give it away. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

You can wear it however you like.  YT videos suggest it's more makeup like than the CT flawless filter but not quite as glowy.  Some use it all over their face as a foundation, some under foundation and some on highlight points.  The only place I want any glowing going on is the tops of my cheekbones.  Anywhere else on me and it looks oily or sweaty.  BTW, some "influencer" somewhere decided that it was time to retire highlighter look.  NOT happening in my bathroom by golly lol So right on que all the other influencers are mimicing the same mantra..."I'm not using highlighter as much as I used to or not at all".  I'm bucking the trend.  

@monicakm, Ain't happening.  But, I can imagine why the trend would go that way.  Just like clothing, makeup trends come and go and often they pendulum the other direction after going extreme in one direction.  So many people really over-do highlighter, and the people selling it don't help, saying put it on your cheeks, put it on your browbone, put it on the inner corner of your eye, put it down the middle of your nose.  People were putting it everywhere and weren't particularly judicious about how much they used when they used it.  I remember seeing a young lady while shopping, and you could tell she really thought she was all that, and she had two streaks of highlighter across her cheeks.  It's supposed to look like a natural glow, not like a big white streak across your cheekbone.  

I'm kinda hoping the ridiculously long false eyelashes will be next to go.  I'm talking over-the-top long.  I see nothing wrong with normal false eyelashes, assuming you can put them on properly (which I probably couln't).  I thiink they can be fun, but not when they're like 3" long.

Honored Contributor

I don't get out enough or live in a large city where I notice trends or the length of lashes but the neighbor cows and horses have loooong lashes Smiley Happy

I've had several comments on how someone likes my lash extensions...I don't  have extensions.  I finally asked someone why she thought my lashes were extensions.  She said because they were applied so good/didn't look like glued on lashes.  I'm positive you could apply lashes but like anything else, there's a learning curve.  Takes practice.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I don't get out enough or live in a large city where I notice trends or the length of lashes but the neighbor cows and horses have loooong lashes Smiley Happy

I've had several comments on how someone likes my lash extensions...I don't  have extensions.  I finally asked someone why she thought my lashes were extensions.  She said because they were applied so good/didn't look like glued on lashes.  I'm positive you could apply lashes but like anything else, there's a learning curve.  Takes practice.

@monicakm 

Do you ever talk to the cows?  I think it's the Texan in me, but when I drive by a huge ranch here on O'ahu and the cows are out, Iet out a big MOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

I'm sorry.  I can neither confirm or deny that I talk to cows.  I DO talk to horses tho Smiley Happy  Do the cows ever talk back?